• ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Update:

First, thank you all for your prayers, they were definitely felt. God bless all of you.

Wife had the procedure. Found 3 blocked vessels (90%, 70% and 70%), put stents in 2 of them and believe medication will resolve the 3rd. She is on light duty as we speak.

What makes this interesting is how the first hospital totally missed the mark; placing her in a somewhat dangerous position; however, the good Lord kept her safe till this could be done. The first hospital and their cardiologist stated that anxiety caused her blood pressure to rise and caused the chest pain, shortness of breath and left arm discomfort. He also stated the stress test was normal. He never mentioned the "slight" elevation of heart enzymes! The new cardiologist said her blood pressure had nothing to do with it and stated he would not have done the stress test; suggesting he would have done the cath immediately.

We cannot look back, that is done with; however, when they send me the bill, I might have a little talk with them.

Glory to God, all is looking well at this time......again, thanks for the prayers.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    With all the time doctors spend 'practicing' medicine, you'd think they'd be experts by now. :dunno:

While growing up I did some crazy and scary stuff in my life, but the only times I came close to dying was in the hospital and all were unrelated to why I was there in the first place.

I'm glad she's past that hump. Just remember to keep her mellow. No arguments. Take the blame for whatever happens at the house. Everything is your fault until this is all over. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    With all the time doctors spend 'practicing' medicine, you'd think they'd be experts by now. :dunno:

While growing up I did some crazy and scary stuff in my life, but the only times I came close to dying was in the hospital and all were unrelated to why I was there in the first place.

I'm glad she's past that hump. Just remember to keep her mellow. No arguments. Take the blame for whatever happens at the house. Everything is your fault [STRIKE]until this is all over[/STRIKE]. :):

FIFY... :): Happy wife, happy life. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Ziggidy, glad to hear the good news! Hopefully things continue to improve! :yesway:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Update:

First, thank you all for your prayers, they were definitely felt. God bless all of you.

Wife had the procedure. Found 3 blocked vessels (90%, 70% and 70%), put stents in 2 of them and believe medication will resolve the 3rd. She is on light duty as we speak.

What makes this interesting is how the first hospital totally missed the mark; placing her in a somewhat dangerous position; however, the good Lord kept her safe till this could be done. The first hospital and their cardiologist stated that anxiety caused her blood pressure to rise and caused the chest pain, shortness of breath and left arm discomfort. He also stated the stress test was normal. He never mentioned the "slight" elevation of heart enzymes! The new cardiologist said her blood pressure had nothing to do with it and stated he would not have done the stress test; suggesting he would have done the cath immediately.

We cannot look back, that is done with; however, when they send me the bill, I might have a little talk with them.

Glory to God, all is looking well at this time......again, thanks for the prayers.

Women get misdiagnosed quite a bit when it comes to heart issues. My wife has had a serious heart condition since she was 30 (20 years now) and has a great cardiologist and got involved early on with a support group for women with heart issues (less involved these days). She learned quite a bit and spoke to groups of doctors at Mayo and a few other orgs about awareness of heart issues for women. Glad your wife's procedure went well and hoping for a quick recovery.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CKW (spouse) was mis-diagnosed years ago for he ongoing medical condition. It almost took her from us. I understand the feelings.

My Cancer was mis-treated and almost ended me. I understand your feelings.

Renewed prayers out bound.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Update:

Yeah, in my opinion......I would rather go to a vets office than Hendricks. I am glad your wife is doing well.

Just out of curiosity...did you ever know Dr. Stephen Morris, cardiologist at IU? That guy is pretty sharp on the heart! I heard he finally retired.....

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... We cannot look back, that is done with; however, when they send me the bill, I might have a little talk with them....

Glad things worked out. Medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S. after heart disease and cancer.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Yeah, in my opinion......I would rather go to a vets office than Hendricks. I am glad your wife is doing well.

Just out of curiosity...did you ever know Dr. Stephen Morris, cardiologist at IU? That guy is pretty sharp on the heart! I heard he finally retired.....

Only moved to Indiana last year.... don’t know the get down on anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Only moved to Indiana last year.... don’t know the get down on anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belated welcome to Indiana. I shouldn't be so hard on Hendricks. I have lived here my entire 50+ years and was born in Hendricks...and they have helped me many times, but you know how us humans are, we always smell out the negatives.

I am very happy to hear your wife is doing well, we just never know how much of a fine line we walk. Sounds as though she is on the road to recovery. Wishing you both all the best.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    LSS my wife's mom's Leukemia came back at 43%. Hospice arrangements are being made. She & my son leave tom. I leave Fri. to tie up things here. We're trying to figure everything out. COVID-19 is screwing things up. The hospice house is only letting 2 people in per day. We're trying to get her out there so she can at least see her. I'm packing for 7 days myself and taking a suit if that tells you anything. Lot of unknowns. She was home 2 days and bam. They need to figure it out. 4 kids (obviously her dad will go each day), her grandma, 2 brothers & 1 sister to juggle. Funerals only allow 10 currently.

So, my prayers moving forward are for the best case scenario. Hopefully everyone can visit, make peace, offer prayers up, and make the best case scenario.

Just thought I'd give a rough update as there is still no silver bullet. COVID-19 is just and extra PITA. #****cancer

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LSS my wife's mom's Leukemia came back at 43%. Hospice arrangements are being made. She & my son leave tom. I leave Fri. to tie up things here. We're trying to figure everything out. COVID-19 is screwing things up. The hospice house is only letting 2 people in per day. We're trying to get her out there so she can at least see her. I'm packing for 7 days myself and taking a suit if that tells you anything. Lot of unknowns. She was home 2 days and bam. They need to figure it out. 4 kids (obviously her dad will go each day), her grandma, 2 brothers & 1 sister to juggle. Funerals only allow 10 currently.

So, my prayers moving forward are for the best case scenario. Hopefully everyone can visit, make peace, offer prayers up, and make the best case scenario.

Just thought I'd give a rough update as there is still no silver bullet. COVID-19 is just and extra PITA. #****cancer

Prayers and positive thoughts outbound sir.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville

Tough situation. Prayers for all involved.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well that sucks.... again. :(

Just the emotional roller coaster of hope alone would be enough to put me down. Why can't we just wipe out these diseases for good?

Top Bottom