Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey DD, prayers sent buddy.
    I'm here if you need me Jimmy.
    This is something I never thought I'd ever see or experience but I now know 4 people that are having to live through family overdoses and a death. All in the last 2 years.
    I know of 2 in one family.
    I understand the motive of setting things right but I doubt I doubt you could ever get close to the bottom feeder causing this misery and pain.
    Hopefully we'll be able to find some semblance of satisfaction knowing the Messenger of Death will take those responsible for this to the most heinous of places in creation.
    I can only hope for this as I am not nor do I want to be the type of person that could ever find satisfaction in the pain of another. I know you pretty well and I know you're not the type of person to let it destroy you. You're a good man DD and I know your strength will rise in you.
    God Bless you and your family my friend.
    You'll be in my prayers.

You're right Harry. As much personal satisfaction as I would get, it wouldn't make a dent and it certainly wouldn't make things right again. I'm going to be fine, but my concern is for Brandy's mother, her sister and children. God will handle the important stuff.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am sorry that you and your family have such a loss. CM was absolutely right. The best you can do at this point is to continue as you are. I had a cousin overdose on what was apparently some bad product. My dad was ready to kill the dealer and died himself a couple days later of a brain aneurysm. I have no doubt that being so irate for a prolonged period at minimum didn't make it any better.

That said, hold tightly to those you love. Remember that the best you can do is help them cry. I understand that we like to fix things and make them better, but that isn't always possible, and this is one of those times. Time and love are the only things that will help.

May peace return to your life and the lives of those you love quickly!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am sorry that you and your family have such a loss. CM was absolutely right. The best you can do at this point is to continue as you are. I had a cousin overdose on what was apparently some bad product. My dad was ready to kill the dealer and died himself a couple days later of a brain aneurysm. I have no doubt that being so irate for a prolonged period at minimum didn't make it any better.

That said, hold tightly to those you love. Remember that the best you can do is help them cry. I understand that we like to fix things and make them better, but that isn't always possible, and this is one of those times. Time and love are the only things that will help.

May peace return to your life and the lives of those you love quickly!

Thanks Dave. Brandy's sister finally talked to one of the guys she was with when it happened last night and allegedly she was "given" some "spice" (of course it was from some random person whose name nobody knows :rolleyes:). No telling what was in that crap. Peace will return eventually. This too shall pass.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Prayers up. We've got a similar situation in our family, and I have deep fear we will experience something similar at some point. In fact, I'm a bit surprised we haven't already. So sorry to hear of your loss. It is just a horrendously tough battle, both mentally and spiritually. This is where all I do is turn to the quote in my sig line.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Prayers up. We've got a similar situation in our family, and I have deep fear we will experience something similar at some point. In fact, I'm a bit surprised we haven't already. So sorry to hear of your loss. It is just a horrendously tough battle, both mentally and spiritually. This is where all I do is turn to the quote in my sig line.

Thanks, and prayers to you and your family, and to anyone that is touched by similar circumstances. The consequences run far and wide, and spiritual fitness is a big help in the battle.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So sorry DD. Really sad. I have a relative that is going down a similar route. I pray not to get a call like you did.

Prayers to you and your family.

Top Bottom