• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hi all,

A cute little ball of fur came into our lives about four years ago, an adorable little pit bull given the unlikely name of Benjamin "Twinkletoes" McWrinkles.

Benji.jpg

A while back, when my daughter moved out, Benji moved out with her. Unfortunately, with her current roommates, we now have a problem.

Benji is at the vet going on his third day. We think he may have an esophageal blockage thanks to one of the roommates leaving things where he could get to them... he's already passed at least two of someone's tampons...and surgery to fix him would run into the thousands, which is far, far more than we can afford. We are all very attached to him and are all beside ourselves with worry.

I trust his vet implicitly. His physical care is in excellent hands... I'm going to ask here for... I don't even know what. If any of you out there have a spare prayer you'd like to offer for his recovery, it would be very much appreciated.

We all know about Rainbow Bridge. We have several friends waiting for us there. We're just not ready to have Benji be among them.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Bill, I have a spare or two if you quite mentioning Rainbow Bridge so much!

I've read it so many times(via your posts) that I get a tear in my eye when it's even mentioned now.:n00b:

All jokes aside, prayers sent, buddy...Hopefully it all works out and twinkletoes still has some solid years left.:yesway:

NorthsideIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    this is so sad considering its a beautiful dog. im a worrier i sit every day worrying about my dogs and how i will take it so i understand how hard this is.prayers

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No news yet as to how he's doing this morning, but I do want to make a quick note. One INGO member dropped me a PM to offer both prayer.... and a donation to help with his surgery.

I am, as I told the member, dumbfounded at the generosity of our members and very appreciative of the offer. I do want to clarify, however, that I didn't post this to ask for money, just for prayers for his quick recovery.

I think I have something in my eye. Da** allergies.

I love this board.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    UPDATE!

Just talked to Mrs. BoR... They did X rays this morning and there is reportedly no esophageal blockage! :rockwoot:

Considering the nature of what he got into, she also talked to her OB/GYN about an idea that came to her mind re: the possibility that he might have Toxic Shock Syndrome. She's relayed to the vet what they recommended, that that and a few bacteria that might be factors.

Mrs. BoR joins me in thanking you all for the prayers, folks; they sure look to us like they're working!

More as soon as I know anything new to report.

Blessings,
    Bill

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    My wife has several cats. While I am not an animal person, I would never hurt one. Best wishes and prayers to you.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Another update!

Heard back from Mrs. BoR. Ultrasound was clear from stem to stern, doing much better now. Apparently, he still has some pancreatitis and is on some hefty antibiotics for whatever "bugs" he might still have. He is much more chipper and back to himself, though he's still getting some pain meds.

We are hopeful he'll be coming home in the next day or so.

I cannot definitively say that the prayers made the difference. I can say that we believe they were very helpful.

Thank you again, one and all.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom