• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    So, by now, I would hope we have all seen or heard what happened in Paris yesterday.

How does one prepare for something like that? Or do you just prepare for a general terrorist strike and keep your head on a swivel?

No amount of beans, rice, water, generators, etc will help you if you're held hostage in a building (unless maybe that is where your stuff is stored...).

If something like that were to happen here, what do you see happening and how could one prepare for it? Would it be like I said and to just prepare for a general terrorist strike and keep a vigilant eye? To just keep on like I am and be prepared for long term power outages, food shortages, looters, ne'er-do-wells, etc? I don't see the next one being a one instance event like the World Trade Center, I see it being a larger, multiple target event.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Carry (various tools), train, condition, have a plan, keep your SA up, avoid crowds, avoid major cities. If it goes down, move. If cornered, fight with ferocity.

What did I miss?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Carry (various tools), train, condition, have a plan, keep your SA up, avoid crowds, avoid major cities. If it goes down, move. If cornered, fight with ferocity.

What did I miss?

Covered it all pretty much.

If you are caught in a suicide attack there is not really much one could do. If they are rigged dead man then ending them is an automatic "Boom" so what do you do.

These radical nut jobs can not be dealt with in a civil manner. They are rabid dogs.....period.
    They do not want peaceful resolve. They will take your olive branch and follow you home and end you.
    This is going to be the norm until those in power step up. I do not see this happening as it appears they are setting us up.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I Agee with has already been said. CARRY ALL THE TIME!!! I also keep a rifle helmet mags and a vest in my car if I can get back to it.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Have an exit strategy for wherever you are. Have a plan for you and your family and be certain that everyone knows that plan. Assume that there will be no form of communication available, will your kids know what to do and where to meet? Will they be ok for three days if you cannot make it to them? Yesterday was an eye opener - we've got to train more, have a better instinctive response trained into our bone marrow. The family needs more time and experience training. In short...we have a lot more work to do...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have an exit strategy for wherever you are. Have a plan for you and your family and be certain that everyone knows that plan. Assume that there will be no form of communication available, will your kids know what to do and where to meet? Will they be ok for three days if you cannot make it to them? Yesterday was an eye opener - we've got to train more, have a better instinctive response trained into our bone marrow. The family needs more time and experience training. In short...we have a lot more work to do...

This has been a discussion among our friends/family. We have be lax in our training.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's never good to be complacent or over confident but i know a lot of us are already prepared for a Paris style attack since 9/11. If you haven't been preparing then you had better check your pulse. Read, study, memorize, information because it's out there and good info. Gear up and be ready. These style attacks have already hit our shores and the cowards are already here and ready. We must not hesitate. The "if you see something say something" motto is right on. Watch for things and people who seem out of place. Yes with all the weird people of society today it can be hard but when you see it you'll most likely know. Trust your spidey senses and act fast. Move away and or or engage if the opportunity presents itself. They are checking you out too so it's important to blend in as much as possible. Open carry isn't a wise move anymore in my opinion. (I'm not against it, it's your right) just makes you a target. Give yourself every advantage.
    When you go places do you know where the exits are? Employee entrances? Fire alarms? Fatal funnels to avoid which will be clogged with the scared masses claiming over each other? Rally points for your family? Backup ammo? No less than half a tank of gas at all times? A knife? Knowledge on how to escape restraints? A good small flashlight? Extra medication for if you're delayed getting home? The ability to change your appearance? Good shoes at all times that allow you to run or walk a long distance? Perhaps an energy bar in a pocket or an mre in your vehicle? A get home bag? Knowledge and pocket tools to defeat locked doors that could provide egress? Extra CASH money for bribes or essentials? Get the knowledge people or get it from someone who has it. We have just scratched the surface here in this thread. Most importantly the will to fight and not be a victim. If you give up mentally then you've already lost.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    As they all say, be prepared, carry your firearm. I may be caught off guard, but not without a firearm. The best hostage is an armed hostage that isn't realized. The best defense is one that works. Whatever it takes to prevent pointless deaths is what I would strive for should a situation call for armed resistance. Seriously, FU ISIS.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I was thinking about this before Paris even happened. I went to a Colts game a few weeks ago and they were wanding everyone. I hadn't been to one in a few years so I wasn't expecting it. I walked back to my car and took off my gun and knife. I decided after that game that I probably wouldn't go back. I probably won't go much of anywhere I can't carry. Work and schools will be my only exceptions.

Last edited:

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    I keep seeing "have an exit strategy", well that doesn't mean anything when it comes with a bomb. Carry when/where you can, be aware and cognoscente of your surroundings, and don't ever underestimate them. Believe it or not, they are smart.... dumb but smart. We spent years coming up with ways to counter their IED's, EFP's, ect.. and it takes them a week or so of seeing what we do and they have a counter for that. We started putting rhinos (metal rod, block of wood with glow plugs) in front of our HMMWV's to detonate IR triggered devices before the truck got there, they simply changed the angle of the device. Last time I was there, they were hanging them off the backside of bridges, so we couldn't see them until it was too late.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I keep seeing "have an exit strategy", well that doesn't mean anything when it comes with a bomb. Carry when/where you can, be aware and cognoscente of your surroundings, and don't ever underestimate them. Believe it or not, they are smart.... dumb but smart. We spent years coming up with ways to counter their IED's, EFP's, ect.. and it takes them a week or so of seeing what we do and they have a counter for that. We started putting rhinos (metal rod, block of wood with glow plugs) in front of our HMMWV's to detonate IR triggered devices before the truck got there, they simply changed the angle of the device. Last time I was there, they were hanging them off the backside of bridges, so we couldn't see them until it was too late.
    This is true. Just like if a nuke went off most folks are screwed and no prep will help you. But we must prepare for scenarios that allow us to act. Also sometimes there is time to at least get yourself out or behind cover fast enough. A lot of these goat molesters like to pray or call out before they detonate so keeping an eye and ear out could prove lifesaving.
    or if it's in a bag or container or if you notice something off in a trash can or see someone throwing away a backpack Ect. There is hope.
    also I have removed any military or gun type stickers from my vehicle.
    Thanks for you service

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    The elite and super rich are intentionally integrating these mad extremists with extreme ideologies into our midst. Their plan is to create turmoil and come in with a plan to bring "peace" that includes martial law with the accompanying disarmanent, rationing, confinment, imprisonment/death/torture without trials....get ready ...its coming soon here ..

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think you're more likely to be the first responder after a terrorist attack than you are to be the victim of one.
    If a guy blows himself up in a crowd right next to you there is not much you can do.
    But if you show up after the attack with first aid gear and the knowledge to use it you could save many lives before the medics get there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think you're more likely to be the first responder after a terrorist attack than you are to be the victim of one.
    If a guy blows himself up in a crowd right next to you there is not much you can do.
    But if you show up after the attack with first aid gear and the knowledge to use it you could save many lives before the medics get there.

Agreed.

Top Bottom