• ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    A hypothetical tale..

Not long ago, just before Halloween, a friend of mine asked me to go to a college football game. I asked if she knew if there was high security. She knew why I asked. She said she hadn't seen them do more than search bags, no wanding. This stadium does not serve or allow alcohol an I think that is their main focus..

Needless to say I went, with my EDC plus a flask.. LOL

I informed the friend that if they had upped their security I would have to take my tools back to her truck. Her response was that we could just tailgate and not go into the stadium.

Day of the game, wearing normal clothes and carrying my normal EDC I walked right in through their laxed security and sat and watched the game, well part of it, it was chilly and rainy and my friend wanted to go warm up so we left.

I do not put myself in situations I can't fight my way out of anymore, I am too old and I am too slow..

Had someone wanted to do harm to those in attendance the chance was there.

Oh and let me just say this event was in a state that does not honor any license or permit I have and where carrying inside a college stadium is a felony.. Ridiculous as it seems, I would rather be safe than sorry..

Since this latest increase in terror attacks, I won't be going to any large functions of any kind..

Carry On!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A hypothetical tale..

Not long ago, just before Halloween, a friend of mine asked me to go to a college football game. I asked if she knew if there was high security. She knew why I asked. She said she hadn't seen them do more than search bags, no wanding. This stadium does not serve or allow alcohol an I think that is their main focus..

Needless to say I went, with my EDC plus a flask.. LOL

I informed the friend that if they had upped their security I would have to take my tools back to her truck. Her response was that we could just tailgate and not go into the stadium.

Day of the game, wearing normal clothes and carrying my normal EDC I walked right in through their laxed security and sat and watched the game, well part of it, it was chilly and rainy and my friend wanted to go warm up so we left.

I do not put myself in situations I can't fight my way out of anymore, I am too old and I am too slow..

Had someone wanted to do harm to those in attendance the chance was there.

Oh and let me just say this event was in a state that does not honor any license or permit I have and where carrying inside a college stadium is a felony.. Ridiculous as it seems, I would rather be safe than sorry..

Since this latest increase in terror attacks, I won't be going to any large functions of any kind..

Carry On!!

We live in close proximity to an arena that will house (and often does) 400,000 plus souls.
    Security is a joke on any level.
    I am sure beyond a doubt that if and when the ugly's get a dirty bomb this venue will be high on the list.
    Not going to move at my age (yes, we do slow down) so this specter is ever present in our minds. Not to the point of nightmares but we know it is a possibility.

Our travels and social activity's no longer include large crowds in confined spaces. 9/11 has forever changed our lives.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's never good to be complacent or over confident but i know a lot of us are already prepared for a Paris style attack since 9/11. If you haven't been preparing then you had better check your pulse. Read, study, memorize, information because it's out there and good info. Gear up and be ready. These style attacks have already hit our shores and the cowards are already here and ready. We must not hesitate. The "if you see something say something" motto is right on. Watch for things and people who seem out of place. Yes with all the weird people of society today it can be hard but when you see it you'll most likely know. Trust your spidey senses and act fast. Move away and or or engage if the opportunity presents itself. They are checking you out too so it's important to blend in as much as possible. Open carry isn't a wise move anymore in my opinion. (I'm not against it, it's your right) just makes you a target. Give yourself every advantage.
    When you go places do you know where the exits are? Employee entrances? Fire alarms? Fatal funnels to avoid which will be clogged with the scared masses claiming over each other? Rally points for your family? Backup ammo? No less than half a tank of gas at all times? A knife? Knowledge on how to escape restraints? A good small flashlight? Extra medication for if you're delayed getting home? The ability to change your appearance? Good shoes at all times that allow you to run or walk a long distance? Perhaps an energy bar in a pocket or an mre in your vehicle? A get home bag? Knowledge and pocket tools to defeat locked doors that could provide egress? Extra CASH money for bribes or essentials? Get the knowledge people or get it from someone who has it. We have just scratched the surface here in this thread. Most importantly the will to fight and not be a victim. If you give up mentally then you've already lost.

I'd like to take issue with one of your comments: You called the terrorists "cowards." That's understandable, from our point of view; if we were involved in a guerrilla war, we would probably not deliberately cause civilian casualties. However, that's not their mind-set nor world-view. We can hate them for their inhumane actions and tactics - and their ideology - but never confuse their inhumanity with "cowardice." These folks are prepared to die themselves to reach an end that seems good to them, and of course, they believe they'll be rewarded after death in the carrying out of their beliefs. We should never confuse "fanaticism" for "cowardice," it limits our thinking and planning in potentially deadly ways.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    We live in close proximity to an arena that will house (and often does) 400,000 plus souls.
    Security is a joke on any level.
    I am sure beyond a doubt that if and when the ugly's get a dirty bomb this venue will be high on the list.
    Not going to move at my age (yes, we do slow down) so this specter is ever present in our minds. Not to the point of nightmares but we know it is a possibility.

Our travels and social activity's no longer include large crowds in confined spaces. 9/11 has forever changed our lives.

Get lots of plastic and duct tape, then a copy of Nuclear War Survival Skills to show you how to make toilet paper air filters to keep radioactive fallout out of your house.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Anonymous finds credible threat that an attack could take place Sunday around the world, including areas in America (like a WWE Wrestling event in Atlanta)

Anonymous says ISIS planning attacks in US, Paris, elsewhere Sunday | TheHill
    Anonymous Says ISIS Plans Attacks Against 'Paris And The World' Sunday

While it's unlikely... do stay safe this weekend. Remain diligent and aware.

It's easy to say that something will happen somewhere in the world Sunday ...
    Can they be more specific? :dunno:

Top Bottom