• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have a Sig P320 that I shoot pretty well by my standards, but I notice that when I concentrate on prepping the trigger, there is movement in the slide, as first evidenced by the red dot moving up and down. I’d say it moves an inch and a half sighting at 15’.

Wondering if anyone else experiences this, how much it affects your accuracy, and if anything can be physically done to the gun to tighten it up?

A buddy explained that it is because of the trigger module being less connected to the slide vs the standard trigger that is without the modularity.
    Wasn’t sure if the is the case on any other gun?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Have you tried this in something like a Ransom Rest to be sure you have taken out any movement you are inducing? I've never noticed this on any of my striker fired pistols but, heck, the dot moves all the time for me.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Have you tried this in something like a Ransom Rest to be sure you have taken out any movement you are inducing? I've never noticed this on any of my striker fired pistols but, heck, the dot moves all the time for me.
    Have not tried it on a rest but it doesn’t happen with p226, fn5.7, or fnx45 tac.
    Not that I don’t have arm/hand movement, but I can differentiate between that and the slide, friends can too.
    But they made fun of me for being so picky, so there’s that. You would think that an 1 1/2” bounce would be significant.

I think it has to do with how the trigger is a module but not sure, as opposed to a traditional mounted trigger system.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can see a small but perceptible movement up (lifting) and down on the slide of my 320 Xcompacts when dry fired. I'd have to check other striker fired guns I have to see if it occurs there, but I've only ever noticed it on my 320's.

I'll have to check M&P, Glock and even my 365's when I have some time.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm having a tough time time picturing what you're describing. Are you saying that when you prep the trigger the internals are somehow lifting the slide up and away from the frame, or just that it's something affecting your grip causing the muzzle to rise up?

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Prep - Sights - Press
    Don't worry about the fine tuning of the sights till the trigger is prepped, then when the sights (or dot) is on target - press.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I can see a small but perceptible movement up (lifting) and down on the slide of my 320 Xcompacts when dry fired. I'd have to check other striker fired guns I have to see if it occurs there, but I've only ever noticed it on my 320's.

I'll have to check M&P, Glock and even my 365's when I have some time.
    Let me know on the M&P. No point in both of us doing the work!;)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't see it with my eyes on the M&P Compact 2.0 I just tried it on when dry firing.

I see it minimally on a Glock 19 Gen 5.

But more pronounced on the 320 IMO.
    Well, I was kinda hoping I could blame my shooting ability on this but since I have the Compact 2.0 I'll have to find something else to blame it on. Thanks for reporting back.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, I was kinda hoping I could blame my shooting ability on this but since I have the Compact 2.0 I'll have to find something else to blame it on. Thanks for reporting back.

That was a super quick check to my eyes. It may be moving, but didn't notice it myself on the M&P. I'm just looking at the back plate and not a dot.

It's readily apparent on the 320 I checked.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I'm having a tough time time picturing what you're describing. Are you saying that when you prep the trigger the internals are somehow lifting the slide up and away from the frame, or just that it's something affecting your grip causing the muzzle to rise up?
    The internals ar lifting the slide, it seems. That was a good way to put it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Prep - Sights - Press
    Don't worry about the fine tuning of the sights till the trigger is prepped, then when the sights (or dot) is on target - press.
    I get the theory but I’m not good enough to do that in a timed situation.
    Can certainly do that in a slow fire situation.
    I feel like any accuracy difference is in me hurrying things, not in the slide movement but it does seem like it should add to the error, theoretically.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Just curious... have you removed the slide and checked that the fire control unit doesn’t move around in the grip mod when you apply pressure to the trigger in various directions? Pretty sure you’re past this, but it’s a logical thing to rule out.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Just curious... have you removed the slide and checked that the fire control unit doesn’t move around in the grip mod when you apply pressure to the trigger in various directions? Pretty sure you’re past this, but it’s a logical thing to rule out.
    No movement in the fcu. Seems secure. In a Wilson combat grip module.

Couple other notes, this isn’t new, just curious about it, and my p320 legion does it as well.

Top Bottom