• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Speaking of trolling... how long would it take a new member to figure out that Trump is a fairly divisive subject here?

And then post about it.

I'm not one who tends to find conspiracy theories about every little thing (and then post about it), but it does seem like there's a pattern.
    Oh, Trump and conspiracy theories! Is that the one where the Russians have brainwashed him?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, Trump and conspiracy theories! Is that the one where the Russians have brainwashed him?
    That's a good bet for what the next first-post will be.

Personally, I'm leaning more towards something MKULTRA-ish. Kickin' it 90s style.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I am glad that he is our President. I like that he says what is on his mind. Nobody is going to pull the wool over him. I especially like that he puts America first. He can rally a crowd like none other. But most of all, I admire his love of the United States of America. Oh, and the LEFT can't stand the fact that our economy is doing well. I'm so glad that I voted for him.

Funny how the economy was doing pretty well before he took office.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Funny how the economy was doing pretty well before he took office.

I'm not an economist, but what specific data or metric are you referencing to make that statement?

The stock market has been rising since 2009-ish, but that's hardly the same as unemployment, GDP, etc and probably shouldn't be the only information drawn upon to make a fair assessment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not an economist, but what specific data or metric are you referencing to make that statement?

The stock market has been rising since 2009-ish, but that's hardly the same as unemployment, GDP, etc and probably shouldn't be the only information drawn upon to make a fair assessment.

Here's an idea. You can take the last guy in office, and compare the criteria you listed above, from his first day to the last. :dunno:

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Here's an idea. You can take the last guy in office, and compare the criteria you listed above, from his first day to the last. :dunno:

What specific policies did Trump's predecessor implement that we're now benefiting from?

I thought we all had to come to terms with the "new normal".

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What specific policies did Trump's predecessor implement that we're now benefiting from?

I thought we all had to come to terms with the "new normal".

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

I made no statements on policies, mainly, because I don't really buy into presidents having an overwhelming influence on economies, in most cases. You asked for data and metrics. I gave you a span to look at to find those numbers. It's not that difficult.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    I made no statements on policies, mainly, because I don't really buy into presidents having an overwhelming influence on economies, in most cases. You asked for data and metrics. I gave you a span to look at to find those numbers. It's not that difficult.

I have looked at them, and never said it was difficult to do so.

It's not that difficult to allow someone to answer for themselves, either.

The data appears to be independent of who's in office, I agree.

I'd really like to know why one individual gets credit or blame, rather than focusing on what policies do the greatest good. With few exceptions, government should just stay out of the way.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You really can't give the prior regime full credit to the end of their term since the stock market had a pretty good bump as soon as Trump won, IIRC.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    To be fair, I wonder if he might seem greater than he is, coming on the heels of the worst President that we ever had.

You are exactly right.
    We had Obama, who was the worst president we've ever had. Then followed by Trump, who is the best president we've ever had.

They're like night and day. er..... uh.... well... as different as black and white. hmmmm... ah... der... well...
    Yes. I'm sticking with that. :rockwoot:

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    You are exactly right.
    We had Obama, who was the worst president we've ever had. Then followed by Trump, who is the best president we've ever had.

They're like night and day. er..... uh.... well... as different as black and white. hmmmm... ah... der... well...
    Yes. I'm sticking with that. :rockwoot:

This is the conclusion I've been leaning towards. Maybe not exactly best, but a hell of a lot better, anyway. Tariffs, I'm not so sure about...

Top Bottom