• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Someone picked up 2 boxes of the american eagle, then saw the PMC sale price. Set down the AE and picked up the PMC. You have no justification to be mad unless you post a pick of the tag that shows that price was for the AE.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    We were at Meijer getting shoes for my son, they had them on sale. When we checked out they came up full price. I told them they were on sale and went with a employe to check the price. Found them on the shelf, but it didn't say if it was just the brown shoes or all of that style. We scanned the brown shoes & they show the sale price, then scanned the black shoes and they came up with the sale price. Somehow the price check software showed the sale price, but not the checkout software.
    Always check the price.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    there was two sales tags hanging on each shelf. the top two shelves had American Eagle.all the other shelves had PMC scattered around.
    I did look at the tag I took. It does read Rebate.
    why didn't the cashier give me the rebate slip when I paid?
    When returned and questioned Customer service. Why didn't she give me the rebate slip OR instruction on how to obtain the rebate.
    She just looked it up and tell me that it was the sales price.
    That is when I went up to the shelves and took the sales tag.
    I will be contacting bass pro today.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Was just at a Wally World and saw some toys for my son for xmas. They were on hooks that were all marked $3.97 except for one that was marked $7.47 (which was for a different brand of item, completely) where they had been in a display a few weeks prior for $4.88. I picked up several, took them up front and they rang up $4.88. Even though it was a $.91 difference, the self-check girl wanted CSM confirmation. So, the old biddy took one (they were all different UPCs and models of the same series), walked away for a good 10 minutes, came back and had decided that since the one she had in her hand was also hanging on the $7.47 hook (which was at the absolute top of the hooks and above her so far that she couldn't have read it) they must all be $7.47 and I should be happy with the $4.88 even though the other ones were on the $3.97 hooks. I ended up walking back, taking the picture (which I had thought about doing before I went up, from past experience), and getting them at the price shown. I would have saved a good 14 minutes had I just taken the picture when I was getting them in the first place. (must trust gut in future)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I went on Bass Pro's website. I called their 800#.
    I told the lady I wanted to file a complaint.
    the 800# is only for sales.
    She gave me the Portage # 219 787 6800.
    I talked to the customer service manager.
    her response was,"The register staff and customer service personal CAN NOT know all the rebates in the store".
    She will mail me the rebate slips.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Jumping to the Attorney General before trying to speak to a manager/general manager/regional manager is a pretty big over reaction and just like jumping the chain of command in a work place. Also, I would say that the woman you spoke to is correct. It is very difficult in a large store like that for the cash register to know every rebate in the store. It was black Friday, you said you waited in line for like 45 minutes so they were obviously busy. Some times I think we all need to take a step back and cut people some slack. It was a cashier who had probably been up since about 4am or so (maybe earlier to be at work on time) the day after thanksgiving so you could go shopping at 5am in the morning.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Jumping to the Attorney General before trying to speak to a manager/general manager/regional manager is a pretty big over reaction and just like jumping the chain of command in a work place. Also, I would say that the woman you spoke to is correct. It is very difficult in a large store like that for the cash register to know every rebate in the store. It was black Friday, you said you waited in line for like 45 minutes so they were obviously busy. Some times I think we all need to take a step back and cut people some slack. It was a cashier who had probably been up since about 4am or so (maybe earlier to be at work on time) the day after thanksgiving so you could go shopping at 5am in the morning.

Agreed. Impossible to know everything. They're a huge retail store. Between the million different types of fishing lures, shoes, clothing, ammo, guns, safes, etc. to know every single rebate would be impossible. Thousands of customers, little sleep, constant busy. Mistakes happen

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I went on Bass Pro's website. I called their 800#.
    I told the lady I wanted to file a complaint.
    the 800# is only for sales.
    She gave me the Portage # 219 787 6800.
    I talked to the customer service manager.
    her response was,"The register staff and customer service personal CAN NOT know all the rebates in the store".
    She will mail me the rebate slips.

See, there's this thing called Point of Sale software. It's really neat. Cash registers at stores typically run it. It allows cashiers to scan barcodes, and the software looks up the item and can retrieve all kinds of nifty information about products. See, that way cashiers don't have to know everything about everything because it's tied to the UPC code. And guess what? That point of sale system could also contain information about rebates. Imagine that.

****ing pinheads. I mean. What the ****? Does Bass Pro only hire morons?

npwinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Kouts
    See, there's this thing called Point of Sale software. It's really neat. Cash registers at stores typically run it. It allows cashiers to scan barcodes, and the software looks up the item and can retrieve all kinds of nifty information about products. See, that way cashiers don't have to know everything about everything because it's tied to the UPC code. And guess what? That point of sale system could also contain information about rebates. Imagine that.

****ing pinheads. I mean. What the ****? Does Bass Pro only hire morons?

Point of sale software decisions come from the corporate office. Blaming anyone at the retail store for something they have zero control over is asinine. If the display was marked as price after rebate, how is it the cashiers or even the store managers fault someone didn't read the display properly? The rebate or information on getting the rebate may have been right there next to the boxes of ammo.

If it wasn't clearly marked, there would be a case of false advertising and a complaint to the FTC could get Bass Pro a huge fine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I would guess you never shopped at Menard's.

The customer service representative should know about the rebates.
    She should also have informed me of the rebate and how to obtain it.
    NO information at the ammo shelf to obtain the rebate.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN

Didn't you say in an earlier post that the sign did say something about a rebate? If so, then ask for it when you get up there. If you haven't worked retail at a big box store, or even retail on Black Friday then I wouldn't expect you to understand. It is a nightmare for those employees. Black Friday is absolutely absurd to me, the fact that those stores are open like that after a holiday where people just spent a day being "thankful" for what they have, and the next day they act like animals and ungrateful d**ks. If it weren't for those "pinheads" and "morons" you folks couldn't do your coveted bargain shopping one day a year.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Didn't you say in an earlier post that the sign did say something about a rebate? If so, then ask for it when you get up there. If you haven't worked retail at a big box store, or even retail on Black Friday then I wouldn't expect you to understand. It is a nightmare for those employees. Black Friday is absolutely absurd to me, the fact that those stores are open like that after a holiday where people just spent a day being "thankful" for what they have, and the next day they act like animals and ungrateful d**ks. If it weren't for those "pinheads" and "morons" you folks couldn't do your coveted bargain shopping one day a year.

Damn, I have to spread more rep first

npwinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Kouts

I shop at Menards quite often. I've redeemed several of the Menards rebates. The thing your missing with Menards rebates is that they are specific to Menards. Menards works out the deals with the supplier, You have to buy the product specifically from Menards, You mail it in to Menards, you then get Store credit to Menards. If Scotts decides to give a $10 rebate when you buy a bag of seed and a bag of starter fertilizer and you mail in the UPC and receipt to Scotts, Menards won't tell you about it even if you buy it from them.

The sales tag you took says price with rebate. If I'm not mistaken, their black friday sales flyer I got in the mail even said price with rebate. I wouldn't expect any cashier to know about any rebate deal on black friday. Most of them were probably hired in with the previous month and half and probably wont have a job there after the 1st of the year. Same is probably true about several of the people behind the customer service desk. Had you taken the the sales tag back to them, they may have been able to help you then and there.

Not every Point of sale system is programmed for rebates by default. I don't know of any point of sale system that will tell the cashier of 3rd party rebates such as the UMC offer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Monday I received the rebate slip in the mail.

Edit Remington 9mm Rebate.jpg

Can anyone tell me where the rebate selection board was located?

I filled it out and mailed it before the expiration date.

Top Bottom