• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    When GM in NWI quit selling reloading supplies, I thought i had gone to heaven, I picked up a couple thousand wads of 12, 20, 28 and 410 for what i normally would have bouth 250. I felt as if i got back a little of what they had robbed me for!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I've purchased ammo there before when Wal-Mart is out of stock, or didn't have enough of what I was looking for. I took a cell phone pic of the shelf with the box of what I wanted. I believe is was a 100 round box of Remington/UMC JHPs in .45 ACP. Gander Mountain was about $20 higher per box then Wal-Mart. I asked if they would match it, and they did.
    I would try this for all the people that whine about Walmart not having any ammo or not the quantity that they want to buy in stock.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I've gotten a few good buys at Gander Mtn, especially in hunting clothing. I wouldn't buy ammo there unless I was leaving tomorrow for the Rockies to hunt whatever and I needed a box of rounds unobtainable elsewhere. They do have a wide selection. Oh, and they did have a good price on a .284 Winchester model 88 that I wish I had picked up.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Are the so called great prices at Walmart today the same prices we were complaining about 3 years ago ? Are we constantly being price conditioned ? Absolutely.

Could be the reason I finally said enough and started collecting lead and casting lead bullets. Since the lead was purchased years ago and I have a near life time supply through major effort, my cost of a .45 - 50 rd box is $4.50

Reason for this reply is i'm totally shocked that $40.00 for 100 rounds is even remotely considered getting a deal. I call it robbery.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Are the so called great prices at Walmart today the same prices we were complaining about 3 years ago ? Are we constantly being price conditioned ? Absolutely.

Could be the reason I finally said enough and started collecting lead and casting lead bullets. Since the lead was purchased years ago and I have a near life time supply through major effort, my cost of a .45 - 50 rd box is $4.50

Reason for this reply is i'm totally shocked that $40.00 for 100 rounds is even remotely considered getting a deal. I call it robbery.

I too reload. I always scan the ammo rack when I can.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Ive known for quite some time that Gander Mtn runs high on ammo prices but after today Im not buyin ammo there again. They had Winchester white box 45 auto 230gr ball 100 round packs for 64.99!! Go right next door to Wal-mart and they sell for 39 dollars for the exact same box of ammo. Im not sure how that isnt illegal lol but they do it. Maybe this can serve as a heads up to those new to shootin so you dont get burned by their crazy prices.

I just checked Cabela's website. Winchester white box, 230 grn FMJ is 23.99 for 50, so about $48.00 for 100.

Makes me wonder if Gander didn't put the wrong price on them. The jacketed hollow points (white box, 230 grn JHP) were priced at Cabela's for 33.99 for 50, or about $68 for 100 - these are the ones labelled for "personal protection". Might want to question the guys at Gander to see if they didn't but the JHP price on the FMJ box.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I just checked Cabela's website. Winchester white box, 230 grn FMJ is 23.99 for 50, so about $48.00 for 100.

Makes me wonder if Gander didn't put the wrong price on them. The jacketed hollow points (white box, 230 grn JHP) were priced at Cabela's for 33.99 for 50, or about $68 for 100 - these are the ones labelled for "personal protection". Might want to question the guys at Gander to see if they didn't but the JHP price on the FMJ box.

I was out there this evening getting some jerky mix and they still had the price of 64 dollars on them.

neofleo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I have been disappointed in Gander Mountain since they cut back on their reloading supplies. For about the last year they act like they are doing a person a favor by letting them walk into the store. I have had some pleasant experiences at some of the smaller gun shops that have been popping up. I think that I would as soon do without than give Gander Mountain my business. Heck, I'm too poor to go in there anyway.

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I bought ammo from gm once... once. I got 420rnds of 5.56 for $246 I think. When I got home I saw it in the sportsmans guide for $170. I kick myself on a regular basis for that, now I'm getting I'm getting tulammo 20rnds for $5 at Wal-Mart

Top Bottom