• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Just curious in regards to the availability on pricing throughout the state. It appears that ammo availability is up a bit and prices have come down.
    Either I’m desensitized or I’m not seeing the high prices, or not as high on firearms. Prices seem more reasonable.
    Local dealer stated that some of the supply issues over the year has actually reduced the prices dramatically due to a recent influx of guns ordered a year ago and manufacturing moving along. Whether you like them or not, some Turkish shotguns that were going for $350 or so can now be had for the $200-$250 ballpark.
    Big box stores seem to have less guns, but local gun shops seem to be getting stock in.
    What’s going on in your area?

Toomuchsole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2021
    Ripley County
    A shop close to me (Rusty Buck) has a decent selection of guns and a good selection of ammo. Their ammo is a little higher priced but its in stock. Rural king is usually my go to. They have a better selection of guns and sometimes cheaper ammo

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Seems like it’s a tad more available but price is up. Some stores more than others. Last time I was in point blank they were fully stocked but prices were asinine. Rural king here seems to be cheapest still but not as stocked up

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Ammo is more available at the LGS I frequent. Prices are about the same, though none of my shops ever got crazy with pricing.
    I was in Indy Arms Co yesterday. Only scanned for a minute or two but 9mm was 60+ CPR and every gun in the display was stickered at least $100 over current online prices.

Shops won't drop prices until someone looks up and realizes they're getting transfers but no sales. Whole lotta rubes last year flooded gun stores buying up everything they could without a thought to the price.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I really don't buy in stores anymore. I did order a 15-22 rifle through RKguns around Black Friday and paid a pre-pandemic price. I see they are now at least $80 higher and usually around $140 higher.

Otherwise I see gun prices not too bad. I saw a M&P 2.0 Compact for $499 the other day. True, I paid $349 for mine, but they were well over $500 just a few months ago.

I buy ammo online exclusively and I see it staying available longer and have seen 9 mm down around $35-36/round (which is my ceiling price). That is still high considering I was paying $0.17/round pre-pandemic.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Shoot Point Blank’s prices were high before the ammo was scarce! Lol.
    SPB sucks. The staff was rude and condescending. The RSO were complete a$$holes. Have to show your DL to buy ammo now.
    NEVER going back.

The only shopping I ever did there was when the Midwest Ammo (which sells almost exclusively through SPB) was on sale.
    Good stuff for plinking and could be had at bargain prices when on sale. EG: A 50 round box of 9mm - sale price of $9.99.

I reload, but I would still buy more if those prices came around again!

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Shoot Point Blank’s prices were high before the ammo was scarce! Lol.
    They weren’t the best if you ran out while at range or forgot a caliber it wasn’t the worst thing ever to grab a box. Their guns are typically priced pretty well but their employees are the worst.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I like to shop local but my last few purchases were online. Watch for sales at Lucky Gunner, Target Sports USA, and Midway. Restocked a bunch of 9mm over last few months for anywhere from 7-10 dollars per box cheaper than my LGS. IMI and Blazer.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Firearm availability seems to be on the Rise. Hopefully Clueless Joe & his Handlers won't find a way to Stall that. As is mentioned in some other posts, Rural King has a decent selection. They also offer On-Line ordering & then just pick it up at their "Brick & Mortar" Strongly suggest getting on their E-mail list to receive the Best offerings.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    gun auction last week a half box of 410 sold for $30. Ignorance. seeing ammo at RK, common stuff like 9, 40, 223. & 308. RK too has several guns of pistol and AR. Not much bolt or lever selection. LGS around me don't have much.

Reloading supplies are not bouncing back. Online, many bullets and powder are out of stock. brass is slim pickings.
    Times like this I'm glad I'm stocked up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Reloading supplies are not bouncing back. Online, many bullets and powder are out of stock. brass is slim pickings.
    Times like this I'm glad I'm stocked up.
    I see this also. I would really like to see SPP show up and be reasonably priced. That is all I need.

Top Bottom