• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'm carrying an M&P Shield (living in IL had the advantage of hot carry guns being much easier to find in a state without carry) in a Foxx Hybrid Holster (Cross Breed style holster). It conceals well under a T-Shirt but the problem is my shirt always catches on it when I reach over my head, or stoop to the ground. Any advice or tips on ways to avoid this other than wearing baggy clothes?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You need to dress around your gun. A standard length t-shirt will do exactly what you describe. There are 'long' length t-shirts with a longer back that will solve your problem, similarly there are also long length polo-shirts if you want a slightly dressier look.

Take a look at the Duluth Trading Co. website. They sell long length stuff to cover up "plumbers crack" and will have what you need.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I'm carrying an M&P Shield (living in IL had the advantage of hot carry guns being much easier to find in a state without carry) in a Foxx Hybrid Holster (Cross Breed style holster). It conceals well under a T-Shirt but the problem is my shirt always catches on it when I reach over my head, or stoop to the ground. Any advice or tips on ways to avoid this other than wearing baggy clothes?

just my opinion - i don't care anymore if i print and/or show.

Jmoreland287

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    NWI
    Blackhawk concealed carry shirts conceal well if you don't want a baggy shirt. I find they work well but are around $30-$40. I picked up an old navy fleece that isnt too baggy and conceals anything I carry for around $16 you can wear it over anything.

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    I've had this same problem since I started carrying, and am now also carrying a Shield. I found that the shirts from Duluth are designed for older guys and aren't just going to be longer, they're more baggy all-around. Assuming you are a younger guy, I'd recommend checking out this line of t's from Urban Outfitters: BDG Crew-Neck Tee - Urban Outfitters
    They're cut a little longer than normal but still fit well everywhere else. Threadless shirts are usually cut a little longer, too. T-shirts and other products designed by an artist community of 2 million | Threadless

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    You must now start wearing Hawaiian shirts everywhere you go. Sunglasses and lei are optional, but add flair to your new wardrobe. Socks with sandals is a line you should not cross.

26072.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Similar to the Hawaiian shirt idea, I wear a unbuttoned loose shirt over my T Shirt. This way I can keep the T shirt tucked in too, which is much more comfortable for IWB. Sometimes I wear a very light, loose fitting hoodie jacket instead of a button shirt. Either way, access to the gun is much better than trying to lift up a long T Shirt.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Hot carry guns? Like stolen?

Chicago does like to accuse Indiana of being the source of all of their gun crime....

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Buy TALL man's shirts. Typically, they are 2-4 inches longer than a regular one. I also buy mine a size bigger, helps prevent printing.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You must now start wearing Hawaiian shirts everywhere you go. Sunglasses and lei are optional, but add flair to your new wardrobe. Socks with sandals is a line you should not cross.

26072.jpg

ROFL...hey, don't knock it, that is how I carried all over Sanibel Island last Spring. ;)

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Carhhart Tall sizes have plenty of extra length to cover. I wear a 2XLT and hide a Springfield XMD 5.25 IWB with no imprinting.

Also, check out casual male stores for tall clothing. They are pricey though. A better option is King Size online. i order stuff from them all the time. At 6'5", 300 lbs, i have to. ;)

Top Bottom