Private party sales - what's the common etiquette?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ...always be specific in your ad about any and all arbitrary rules you require to purchase or trade so that the majority of us can pass right on by without wasting everyone's time.

Endorsed. :yesway: Causes less stress on both sides. Only deal with those you are comfortable with and under conditions that you are comfortable with.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I give you cash you give me firearm.

do this in "slow motion"....please.

I have heard of guy inspecting firearm in indy..... bolting with handgun without paying!

seller was armed.... but....

SADLY......unable to do anything about it.

I no longer meet in indy to do "buy/sell"

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel

I have heard of guy inspecting firearm in indy..... bolting with handgun without paying!

plus you never know how long governor is going to allow the mayor to have police stand-down and such

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've sold guns on Armslist but am always a little wary because Feedback is not available. If I did not know the person, I have asked them to meet me at the office of an FFL license holder in Lebanon who will gladly transfer your firearm (with background check) for $20. Looking forward to seeing what sales on Ingo are like!

I doubt you'll see much action on INGO with your FFL nonsense.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Sissy. Stop using sights that expose you to low life thieves and villain's.

No knock my friend but just a thought.

I live in Indy. Yes it can be rough in places but overall I will go any where I feel or must. I just adjust my SA and how I conduct myself accordingly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yeah that will be an issue here.

We have set the place up so that it is easy to know who we all are. Someone knows someone here regardless. The circle is not that huge that we can not find you if need be.

FFL.....:lmfao:
    Show credentials.....:lmfao:

If you do not know me from this site or at least know of me and the area where I live you are not an active member.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

This. Good luck finding somebody willing to do a FFL transfer to buy your gun. If they want to fill out a 4473 they'll go buy one from a gun store.

Climber (and anyone else with silly requirements) I'll gladly flash my pink permission slip (and DL to match the names) to make you feel better but thats it. No FFL, no bill of sale, no copying of my ID. If you are that nervous that you have to CYA you had best stick to taking your guns to a gun store for them to buy or put on consignment for you. In Indiana the only requirement you have as a seller is to NOT know the person is a prohibited person. You dont have to prove they are proper. Its a common misunderstanding. And once again, if that isnt what makes you comfy, consignment is your friend.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah that will be an issue here.

We have set the place up so that it is easy to know who we all are. Someone knows someone here regardless. The circle is not that huge that we can not find you if need be.

FFL.....:lmfao:
    Show credentials.....:lmfao:

If you do not know me from this site or at least know of me and the area where I live you are not an active member.

I'll need to see the cheeseburger before we proceed with the sale :laugh:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I’ve bought and sold more guns out of the break room or the CZ thread than the classifieds. Meet people, make friends, it’s just that easy. About 30% of the people in the classifieds, I’ve never see a post from them anywhere else in the forum.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Sissy. Stop using sights that expose you to low life thieves and villain's.

No knock my friend but just a thought.

I live in Indy. Yes it can be rough in places but overall I will go any where I feel or must. I just adjust my SA and how I conduct myself accordingly.

"sissy" ???????????

you mean "other webSITES as sights" ?

may I had the vapers from readin this!

guy was not me........

I don't share your enthusiasm for indy, just had several shut downs. boarded up businesses mayor a month behind the state? and as I understand.....

someone runnin for gov. dem i think points out

the kung fu virus don't know where 96th street is......

so please excuse me....

i'm sorry i'm not sorry....... ans
    sissy?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "sissy" ???????????

guy was not me........

I don't share your enthusiasm for indy, just had several shut downs. boarded up businesses mayor a month behind the state? and as I understand.....

so please excuse me....

sissy?

drink.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "sissy" ???????????

guy was not me........

so please excuse me....

sissy?

Come on man. I guess I do need to use more purple.

Yes I see that as a bit...well, :dunno:
    Pretty broad brush strokes and all.

But I get real tired of folks slapping Indy around who have no clue about the place.
    Heck I hate the Mayor and never voted for him in any office he held. And now I am not liking the half man Governor either.

But seriously, what are you rambling on about. Get over the virus man. Its a damned hoax.

That said my post was not meant to offend. It was to make a point. Meet stupid people in stupid places and stupid things happen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve bought and sold more guns out of the break room or the CZ thread than the classifieds. Meet people, make friends, it’s just that easy. About 30% of the people in the classifieds, I’ve never see a post from them anywhere else in the forum.

Yup. Networking. Meeting people. Develop a circle and expand it. Your circle will eventually overlap another circle and your network widens.

I have gotten complaints that some of the threads you mention are "Good Ole Boys" clubs. Seriously. If you do not try and get involved then you are not getting involved. And many of the ladies in the forum are involved in those threads.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    the OP is/was from CA.....
    so he's now here and wants to find out about private sales in indiana.....

no need for purple as he wont get it anyway.

sissy mansplainin him about how anywhere in indy he can do a deal so welcome is just plain bragard horse road apples......

welcome to IN from CA....
    it is probably much better.....
    & just learned As of july 1st you can get a 5 yr. hangun conceal carry lic. FREE.

so check it out & welcome

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yup. Networking. Meeting people. Develop a circle and expand it. Your circle will eventually overlap another circle and your network widens.

I have gotten complaints that some of the threads you mention are "Good Ole Boys" clubs. Seriously. If you do not try and get involved then you are not getting involved. And many of the ladies in the forum are involved in those threads.

INGO is unique in that many of of us have met and quite often more than once. I think this is something often hard to grasp by those who come here after being on other parts of the Internet where you don't use your real name (OK, some do here.) We do often know each other in real life, not just by the avatar and username.

INGO: networking, a powerful communications tool, a classifieds section, discussion on every topic under the sun, sometimes there is food. That's awesome!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Man! I can't believe y'all have drug this out to 2 whole pages.

I expect the new guy has the gist by now. You all WERE here to supply help and knowledge to the armamentally deprived, right?

RIGHT?

Top Bottom