• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I shot the first one in Tulsa, sucked but it was a blast.
    Haven't been able to make it back, trying to figure out about going to the one in Georgia in November

You guys get a range, and 250-300 pieces of steel and I can help with putting it on, and by that I mean give directions on how to do stuff and come shoot it.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I would think the extra weight reciprocating with the slide would actually cause it to be harder to control.

I'm pretty sure Bob has his Glock set up the way he wants it. And it's all been judged to be legal. Bob also runs the heaviest bullets per caliber he can find. He uses 200 grainers in .40. Considering that just about everyone else at that level of competition is shooting $5000+ hand built steel guns, it's amazing that Bob not only competes with a Glock but wins. He also has a grip strong enough to pull the skin off the back of his own hand utilizing his shooting grip.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Vogel had the light on at Area 5. Shot in Limited and there was a pow wow about the rules and he was allowed to do it. Nothing prohibits it was the decision I think.

Hmmm . . . does that mean that when I have my light on my Glock, I can shoot in Limited instead of open? Whenever I've done it, I've just gone in open div. It's a non-issue in terms of the competition since I'm not going to come close to winning in any case, but I'm curious.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Hmmm . . . does that mean that when I have my light on my Glock, I can shoot in Limited instead of open? Whenever I've done it, I've just gone in open div. It's a non-issue in terms of the competition since I'm not going to come close to winning in any case, but I'm curious.

Throw down $100 and arbitrate!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is not a light, there is nothing inside of it but lead shot, it is not able to produce a light so Amidon and Pinto both ruled it as a weight. He already had the DNRIO and IPSC rulings before he shot Area 5. He actually shot it at Ohio before that.

If you want to remove all the internals and the bulb then a precedent has been set, but in its current configuration (the ability to emit a light, can't just take the battery out) it would put you into open

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Vogel had the light on at Area 5. Shot in Limited and there was a pow wow about the rules and he was allowed to do it. Nothing prohibits it was the decision I think.

Throw down $100 and arbitrate!

Yeah, that'll happen!

It is not a light, there is nothing inside of it but lead shot, it is not able to produce a light so Amidon and Pinto both ruled it as a weight. He already had the DNRIO and IPSC rulings before he shot Area 5. He actually shot it at Ohio before that.

If you want to remove all the internals and the bulb then a precedent has been set, but in its current configuration (the ability to emit a light, can't just take the battery out) it would put you into open

That's what I figured! Oh, well. On the bright side, it's just one more time I won't have the clean the freakin' lens on the light. No good can come of practicing with it anyway, right?

I saw a guy at ACC on Sunday with a light on his gun. Was he in Open Div?

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, that'll happen!

That's what I figured! Oh, well. On the bright side, it's just one more time I won't have the clean the freakin' lens on the light. No good can come of practicing with it anyway, right?

Depends on if anyone caught it

But since there are several people running timers that are not certified RO's (either expired or just never took a class) It would not surprise me if this was missed

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

No, he was just lost and trying to find his way out of the COF. ;)

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort

Was he shooting the match? Or was he just there? Was he Police?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Was he shooting the match? Or was he just there? Was he Police?

He was in rvb's squad. I saw him shoot a stage. Don't know if he's a cop or not. Kinda looked cop-like.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    He was in rvb's squad. I saw him shoot a stage. Don't know if he's a cop or not. Kinda looked cop-like.

Be careful I get mistaken for a cop all the time, and it bothers me some.

Top Bottom