Status
    Not open for further replies.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    On one hand, the Libertarian in me feels that abortions should be regulated by the state and the Feds should keep their filthy hands off the issue. On the other hand, I feel as if a human being's rights are being violated (the babies) on the basis that the mother doesn't want, or can't handle having the kid. So persuade me, how should abortion be regulated, if at all, and why?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Im pro choice, the government doesnt need to be in your life.

To me it has nothing to do with the child as I would never abort one of mine, but the fact that I should make that decision for myself without outside control.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Pro life all the way. If you can't handle having a kid, you should have kept it in your pants then. Plus there's always adoption. Someone who can't have kids, would love to take yours off your hands.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Yeesh, this is going to get heated before it's locked. Always does.

That being said, I'm pro-Life. If anyone takes the time to examine the science and facts, they'll see that abortion is the murder of children, plain and simple. You don't even need faith/religion to tell you that.

It's an issue of convenience. Don't want the child? Just kill him/her. It's easier than putting him/her up for adoption, after all.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, I chose option one even tho that's not the exact answer I want. The state has no business in the matter, at any level. It should be up to the individual and their health care provider. I would like to see doctors refuse to do late term abortions (as a professional choice) where the baby is viable, unless the mothers life is at risk.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Im pro choice, the government doesnt need to be in your life.

I agree wholeheartedly that "the government doesn't need to be in your life". However, if we allow the government to impose penalties for murder, shouldn't we not half-ass it and have them call "murder" what it is, regardless of age?

Also, from a pro-abortion standpoint, we should not charge people with murder if they kill a child while in the womb. It's hypocritical and disgusting on the face of it.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Yeesh, this is going to get heated before it's locked. Always does.

That being said, I'm pro-Life. If anyone takes the time to examine the science and facts, they'll see that abortion is the murder of children, plain and simple. You don't even need faith/religion to tell you that.

It's an issue of convenience. Don't want the child? Just kill him/her. It's easier than putting him/her up for adoption, after all.
    :yesway:
    We shouldn't *NEED* a law to tell us that it is wrong. But then, I guess we shouldn't need a law to tell us that murder (at any age) is wrong, and we have that too..... :dunno:

IBTL

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I agree wholeheartedly that "the government doesn't need to be in your life". However, if we allow the government to impose penalties for murder, shouldn't we not half-ass it and have them call "murder" what it is, regardless of age?

Also, from a pro-abortion standpoint, we should not charge people with murder if they kill a child while in the womb. It's hypocritical and disgusting on the face of it.

So government intrusion is ok as long as it fits your agenda?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well, I chose option one even tho that's not the exact answer I want. The state has no business in the matter, at any level.

I understand what you're saying. I am asking those who are at peace with the legalized murder of children to examine WHY they are ok with it.

People, the government is ALREADY involved in it, whether you want them to be or not. They stepped in and legalized abortion.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    how about forced birth control until you can prove you are capable of raising a child? It should involve education, personality tests, and a credit check.

or how about everyone else mind your own da## business. the last place i want the goverment involved is my friggin crotch.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    So government intrusion is ok as long as it fits your agenda?

Nope. They've already intruded. SCOTUS ruled it is legal, so for the time being, the murder of children is legal.

I am for as minimal of government intrusion as possible. Anyone who knows me, knows this. However, if we allow them to regulate the murder of those who are born, and those unborn who are murdered by someone else than the mother, why do we not allow them to stop mothers from killing their children?

Call it "intrusion" all you like. We're already well past that point.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    On one hand, the Libertarian in me feels that abortions should be regulated by the state and the Feds should keep their filthy hands off the issue. On the other hand, I feel as if a human being's rights are being violated (the babies) on the basis that the mother doesn't want, or can't handle having the kid. So persuade me, how should abortion be regulated, if at all, and why?

The Libertarian in me feels that abortion must be regulated to protect the rights of the fetus/baby. My rights as a libertarian thinking person end just before they injure another human. The baby/fetus is clearly a living being even if it is not viable outside the womb, but as a living being it has rights and my whims should not be a factor any more than mob rule in Chicago or Washington DC should determine the gun rights of the citizens of those cities.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    :yesway:
    We shouldn't *NEED* a law to tell us that it is wrong. But then, I guess we shouldn't need a law to tell us that murder (at any age) is wrong, and we have that too..... :dunno:

IBTL

Not sure if there is any better level of logic to this thread. I am against the Government sticking their hands in the private sectors business. However it is their job to legislate. IMO this is a topic of social comfort, some folk have a hard time making the right choice instead of the easy choice.

Abortion is murder, until someone can logically explain to me how taking a life isn't murder, thats my stance. (I also don't believe in Capital Punishment, my downfall to that is society demands it and I don't have a better alternative.)

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    One of the few abortion victims who got to defend herself:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPF1FhCMPuQ]YouTube - Gianna Jessen Abortion Survivor in Australia Part 1[/ame]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I am abit of both (I did not vote)

I am Pro-Choice, rape victims or those with defective babies should not be bothered with the burden of caring for, if they dont have/want to.

I will support a whores (Man & women) to an abortion; on the count that the Mother be fixed, and the man be fixed, if he chooses to support.
    OR
    Perhaps a mark, some sort of so that everyone can identify child killers (Same goes for doctors)

I am Pro-Life. To the point of my personal opinion; Having a child taught me to respect what has been created, raising my daughter has taught me to cherish life.

Why should someone have rights over another?

Google aborted babies pictures... Humans are dying for selfish reasons.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    .... you're kidding right?....

hello, negative rep for this one...

Why not? It would prove that you were able to properly raise a child and cut way down on the Jersey Shore/Jerry Springer idiots that are clearly breeding faster then the decent folk of this country. Go check out peopleofwalmart.com if you need some help.

Whats wrong with making sure someone is capable of raising a child? If it the forced B.C. your concerned about then if you get knocked-up mandatory per-natal care and the second that kid pops out its gone, and you have no claim to it.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    I am Pro-Choice, rape victims or those with defective babies should not be bothered with the burden of caring for, if they dont have/want to.

I will support a whores (Man & women) to an abortion; on the count that the Mother be fixed, and the man be fixed...

see nordic gets it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom