Not open for further replies.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    hello, negative rep for this one...

Why not? It would prove that you were able to properly raise a child and cut way down on the Jersey Shore/Jerry Springer idiots that are clearly breeding faster then the decent folk of this country. Go check out peopleofwalmart.com if you need some help.

Whats wrong with making sure someone is capable of raising a child? If it the forced B.C. your concerned about then if you get knocked-up mandatory per-natal care and the second that kid pops out its gone, and you have no claim to it.

Well how about this? Anyone who tries to force any of my kids (i don't have any yet) to take birth control will get a bullet lodged in their head? This is probably the most intrusive solution possible in my opinion. Unless of course you just want to go the route of Communist China.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    .... you're kidding right?....
    Difficult question....
    The "I'm-not-sure-what" in me knows that letting the government be involved in things such as this is completely wrong.

However....the "nurse-that-sees-stupid-people-having-kids-on-my-dime-and-not-taking-care-of-them" in me, hates what I see around me all the time and thinks that something needs to be done. In the current system, regulating who could have kids would be the next step.

However, I think what I'd rather see is the goverment quit paying for these pregnancies and babies. That would somewhat self-limit the problem....somewhat.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Difficult question....
    The "I'm-not-sure-what" in me knows that letting the government be involved in things such as this is completely wrong.

However....the "nurse-that-sees-stupid-people-having-kids-on-my-dime-and-not-taking-care-of-them" in me, hates what I see around me all the time and thinks that something needs to be done. In the current system, regulating who could have kids would be the next step.

However, I think what I'd rather see is the goverment quit paying for these pregnancies and babies. That would somewhat self-limit the problem....somewhat.

Yes, but by forcing everyone to take birth control, you are allowing the government to control who has kids and who doesn't. I don't want any government official telling me I can't have kids for ANY reason. If irresponsible kids are having babies, take them away, but forcing birth control is insane.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    how about forced birth control until you can prove you are capable of raising a child? It should involve education, personality tests, and a credit check.

or how about everyone else mind your own da## business. the last place i want the goverment involved is my friggin crotch.

Absolutely right. And if I feel like killing the guy who's slowing me down on that side street, I should be able to do that too; he's inconveniencing me.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    And the neg-rep slinging begins. I'm off to grab me some food so I can watch the show in style.

Nobody has given me a negative rep... yet lol. I don't neg rep people for differing viewpoints anyways, I'll just argue with them until I'm blue in the face. :D

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    For how much *****ing we do about the government, its pretty weird to see so many people wanting it to control on of the most personal aspects of a person's life.

Are abortions wrong? 99.99% YES
    Should the government be involved? 100% NO

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    hello, negative rep for this one...

Why not? It would prove that you were able to properly raise a child and cut way down on the Jersey Shore/Jerry Springer idiots that are clearly breeding faster then the decent folk of this country. Go check out peopleofwalmart.com if you need some help.

Whats wrong with making sure someone is capable of raising a child? If it the forced B.C. your concerned about then if you get knocked-up mandatory per-natal care and the second that kid pops out its gone, and you have no claim to it.

Well how about this? Anyone who tries to force any of my kids (i don't have any yet) to take birth control will get a bullet lodged in their head? This is probably the most intrusive solution possible in my opinion. Unless of course you just want to go the route of Communist China.

And the neg-rep slinging begins. I'm off to grab me some food so I can watch the show in style.
    PP is right. Dial it back a notch or two guys.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Since I have had personal experience with the loss of a child under a different circumstance, but a loss none the less, I guess I'll add my two cents.

One part of me (the part that has been through a traumatizing experience) says that abortion should be outlawed and treated as murder as the case with any other willful taking of life without just cause. However, the other part of me says that it is a person's choice what they do to their own body. A choice that they will live with personally for the rest of their lives.

And unfortunately, in my mind today, I would consider myself pro-choice because it is a slippery slope when you start locking down certain rights to your own body. Same reason I am for legal suicide. Also on a opposite side, I wish there were some way to neuter the intellectually inept at birth from having kids when they mature until they pass some kind of test redeeming their bad genetics. I know, I know...Hand slap....

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    The government should be involved. They have the God-ordained mandate to reward good and punish evil. Murder is evil.

So, insofar as an action is murder and thus evil, I oppose it.

I'm afraid abortion (the destruction of an otherwise viable human being when its done nothing to merit such punishment) is murder.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Yes, but by forcing everyone to take birth control, you are allowing the government to control who has kids and who doesn't. I don't want any government official telling me I can't have kids for ANY reason. If irresponsible kids are having babies, take them away, but forcing birth control is insane.
    I know. Taking kids away is a HUGE, difficult thing to do. My sister and husband were foster parents. They'v told me about going to court to have rights removed from the parents. Nearly impossible. Even in cases of child abuse, drug abuse, drug manufacture, prenatal drug use.....

So I guess I know this isn't a valid option, but abortion shouldn't be used as birth control either.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Pro choice, no uterus, no opionion.
    I would not want to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body.
    And in my opionion it boils down to when life begins, conception or when the are no longer parasites on the female body. I say parasites because they need that host, the female to live. I say this with 2 healthy boys,one who got to this world with god's grace,and I am so very thankful everyday. Each child born is a blessing and that can not be denied. Why would you want children born into a family that does not want them? To be turned over to the government teat? To become part of a sytem we all complain about?
    This is best left between the persons involved and God.
    End rant

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Further proving my point that this is an issue of convenience, little more. You KNOW it's wrong, yet don't want to do anything about it.

Tell me, if you know it's wrong, then what exactly should be done?

People that they know should shun them, doctors should refuse, PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE MORALS, but I can not stand the idea of a fat cat government official that ****s the system every chance he gets having control over the most important thing that a woman will ever face in her life.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Do I beleive its right, NO. But why should WE be able to tell someone else what they can or cant do? Haven't we all *****ed about someone telling us what we as gun owners can or cant do/own? Personal choice and freedom goes for more than just the 2 AM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom