• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have been pouring a lot of boolits lately. Started using a .358 125 grain bullet mold I recently purchased from Midway. I was getting a lot of flash on the base of the bullet. After much work and much investigation, I realized the sprue plate was not flat. It was passed the 90 days, so Midway would not help. I contacted Lee and they told me the sprue plates are out sourced, but they would contact that company. In the mean time, they sent me 3 new sprue plates, because I told them 3 out of my 6 double cavity molds had bent sprue plates. Problem is all 3 of the new sprue plates were shaped like the bottom of a rocking chair. Lee wanted me to try them anyway. Those Lee molds are aluminum. Taking the steel screw out too many times has already damaged one mold. I told them if they could not send me flat sprue plates, I would modify them myself, or start buying RCBS or Lyman molds. Waiting to hear back from them. With a hammer and a vice, I was able to get one sprue plate flat, but that was a royal pain. Anyone else buy any Lee molds lately? Any problems?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Haven't purchased any Lee two cavity molds lately, can't say that I've ever experienced that problem. I've been buying from Accurate mold for some time, if you haven't tried them it's worth it.

Steelworker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Allen County
    I just bought a .45 2 cavity mold from Lee. I was very impressed with it. Lee changed the way the pins align the mold sometime. The last Lee mold I bought (probably 8 years ago) won’t close worth a crap.

Top Bottom