• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    ON a serious note....I think this should be brought up at the shooters meeting before the match.

and say what exactly? shooter's meetings aren't for regurgitating 10.5, and I know I don't like being lectured to about 'how to act.' I had a club MD do that once, every match, ramble on about this exact topic of how we shouldn't flip/catch and how dangerous it was and how we should ULSC. When asked what the penalty was for doing a flip/catch, all he could say was "... just don't do it" because he knew if he tried to make it DQ'able people would quit coming. total waste of time.

we have rules that should be followed. If as an RO you don't feel the shooter complied w/ the "show clear" command, respectfully ask him to repeat it. If as a shooter you are asked to repeat part of the ULSC, simply follow the reasonable directions of the match official.

Bottom line is you have to do whatever you feel comfortable doing so long as you keep your finger off the trigger, don't break the 180, don't AD, and don't sweep yourself (or anyone else).

that's basically 10.5.

IMO shooter's meetings should be for match logistics. how to move between stages, how to handle issues/emergencies, what to do about tear down, schedule announcements, recognitions, etc, and that's if the club wants to do one (you won't find "shooter's meeting" anywhere in the rule book).

-rvb

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If they are nice, I am nice. If they are dicks....my rule is double. I am always twice as nice as someone is to me, and twice as ****ty if someone decides to go that route.

Life is so much less stressful if you kiss a little ass with folks in authority, and you can save a good chunk of money on traffic tickets.

Not saying that it didn't take me many years to figure that out, or that some folks wouldn't be happier just dealing with the conflicts.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I admit I go to fast sometimes. I could stand to be safer in that regard. I just don't like R.O.'s being dicks about it. If they are nice, I am nice. If they are dicks....my rule is double. I am always twice as nice as someone is to me, and twice as ****ty if someone decides to go that route...

So how is it that you are a double "dick" back to the range officer? How are you "twice as ****ty" to the range officer?

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    I was an RO when someone did it at Warsaw. Not sure if it the same case you are referring too.

He was trying to show clear in record time. He hit the mag release and the mag didn't fall, racked the slide and loaded a round. Gun went bang. I think I was at...."if you are finished, unload....bang

I may get ahead, but will stop with my slide open until the RO "catches up"[/QUOTE

that is the incident I am talking about. guy has been shooting for years. it can happen to anyone.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I try to center my practice around what I want myself to do if I'm actually fighting for my life. If I have a malfunction and do a tap and rack, I don't want to be in the habit of reaching up to catch the cartridge, so 100% of mine go on the ground or wherever they're going to land every time.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    and say what exactly? shooter's meetings aren't for regurgitating 10.5, and I know I don't like being lectured to about 'how to act.' I had a club MD do that once, every match, ramble on about this exact topic of how we shouldn't flip/catch and how dangerous it was and how we should ULSC. When asked what the penalty was for doing a flip/catch, all he could say was "... just don't do it" because he knew if he tried to make it DQ'able people would quit coming. total waste of time.

we have rules that should be followed. If as an RO you don't feel the shooter complied w/ the "show clear" command, respectfully ask him to repeat it. If as a shooter you are asked to repeat part of the ULSC, simply follow the reasonable directions of the match official.

that's basically 10.5.

IMO shooter's meetings should be for match logistics. how to move between stages, how to handle issues/emergencies, what to do about tear down, schedule announcements, recognitions, etc, and that's if the club wants to do one (you won't find "shooter's meeting" anywhere in the rule book).

-rvb

RVB for section coordinator.

Top Bottom