• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Because I'm super tactical. D class trolls will get you killed in the streets. So will unload show clear.

Word is, ISIS and various street gangs are teaching their goons to yell "unload show clear" during firefights. It's too bad some of my fellow operators violated OPSEC and pointed that out on a public forum for bad guys to learn.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    My muscle memory won't allow me to unload show clear. That's for sheep, and I'm a sheepdog.

I just tell the RO to back off while I operate and keep the sheep gamers safe. I use an authoritive command voice and presence, so they have no choice but to stand down.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    My muscle memory won't allow me to unload show clear. That's for sheep, and I'm a sheepdog.

I just tell the RO to back off while I operate and keep the sheep gamers safe. I use an authoritive command voice and presence, so they have no choice but to stand down.

It's all moot without a full, long beard. No way one can have a command presence without an operator beard.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I do grow a beard when operating OCONUS, so as to blend in with indigenous operators. When operating within CONUS, I prefer clean shaven so as not to draw attention. A sheepdog can't effectively sheepdog when he is easily identifiable as such. Be the gray man.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm still curious how shooters deal with a "dick" RO?
    Conversely, how RO's deal with a shooter being a "dick?"

Last edited:

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    ah geez.

We have enough problems with HQ, and here we are fighting with eachother.

Sporky, when I started USPSA, I thought alot of people holding the timers were being mean to me. Turns out, I was making them nervous. They were nervous because of my actions. They could tell I was new, becuase I was kind of crazy. Squirting bullets all over the range, missing the targets every other shot, etc. When I became better, RO's could tell and now I rarely experience mean RO's.

I encourage you to become involved in a local club and learn the sport. It can be very rewarding to not only do well, but watch your friends do well.

Good luck!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If you try to troll and then you're the one getting butthurt, you're not doing it right.

The last guy that admitted to trolling got perma banned. Beware of mods.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I made a personal attack?

and calling local ROs dicks may be construed as a personal attack, just sayin

Top Bottom