• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Any kind of formal education is a "relatively new arrangement in human history".

...and it's in or state constitution, so....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at least formal university study has been around since the 1100's and was generally reserved for...well what most people think of as the "paying" degrees you can get up to today such as lawyer, political bureaucrat, advanced physician etc plus clergy (which was high paying then but not so much now).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but at least formal university study has been around since the 1100's and was generally reserved for...well what most people think of as the "paying" degrees you can get up to today such as lawyer, political bureaucrat, advanced physician etc plus clergy (which was high paying then but not so much now).

Let's not confuse the existence of schools with them being the default arrangement. They existed, but were not the manner in which most of those in these physicians received their education. Clergy were primarily formally educated going back a few hundred years, medicine about 200 years, law, closer 150.

...and the 1100s still means 900 years with versus many thousands without.

Top Bottom