• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If they won't move, and you have no other possible way to move freely, what would you call it?

Here? Before it was changed, Obstructing Traffic.

[FONT=&quot]IC 35-42-2-4[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Obstruction of traffic[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 35-42-2-4 Sec. 4. (a) A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic commits obstruction of traffic, a Class B misdemeanor.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] (b) The offense described in subsection (a) is:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] (1) a Class A misdemeanor if the offense includes the use of a motor vehicle; and[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] (2) a Class D felony if the offense results in serious bodily injury.

[/FONT]

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    My brother is a truck driver and we have talked about the Reginald Denny incident and use of force. As if being a commercial driver is not dangerous enough without this barbarism.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My brother is a truck driver and we have talked about the Reginald Denny incident and use of force. As if being a commercial driver is not dangerous enough without this barbarism.

If Denny had a gun he could have shot people in the face all day long. I doubt anybody is scratching their head asking "am I ok to do that?"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why should criminals, in the act of committing a crime be afforded any right to self defense.

That's why I asked the question.

That seems like a legally dodgy area that would be best addressed by a lawyer.

If Denny had a gun he could have shot people in the face all day long. I doubt anybody is scratching their head asking "am I ok to do that?"

In a commercial vehicle the firearm nor ammunition for the firearm may be in a readily accessible area and must be locked in a location other than the glovebox or console.

Not to mention I don't know of any trucking companies that allow a driver to have a firearm in the truck or on their person.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I agree.

There is a pretty big and definable line between using deadly force against people who are only blocking traffic and using deadly force against people who are smashing in your windows, or flipping your vehicle, or trying to drag you out of your vehicle. It is unfortunate that some people might just be trying to block traffic and they get ran over because another pedestrian starts smashing the windows out of someone's occupied vehicle.

The hard question for me is, what happens to the motorist who turns a corner to find themselves in the middle of one of these messes, tries to slowly creep through the mob and the mob starts beating on their vehicle? If they start breaking the windows, pulling on the doors, and/or stomping down the roof (FWIW, I have seen exactly how long it takes two people to stomp a sedan's roof flat and is not nearly as long as I expected), they appear to me to be a lethal threat. They might have no intent of pulling the driver out and/or hurting them, maybe they are just caught up in the frenzy of the moment and want to be seen on twitter slapping a car and yelling, but I do not see that the driver owes them much care and I can see how it would be hard to distinguish between your attackers and the onlookers/protestors coincidentally in proximity.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    In a commercial vehicle the firearm nor ammunition for the firearm may be in a readily accessible area and must be locked in a location other than the glovebox or console.
    I don't believe you're correct. It's a common myth. Please cite the law that prohibits the carrying of a firearm in a commercial vehicle. :popcorn:

Not to mention I don't know of any trucking companies that allow a driver to have a firearm in the truck or on their person.

A lot of stores don't let us carry guns in too, that doesn't stop many lawful carriers. Also, don't forget about all the self employed drivers.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I get that there a lot of people that would love to harm to protesters, and typically, it isn't because they're blocking a road, but rather because they disagree with the group protesting... As I doubt you would be asking what type of harm you could do to a bunch of anti-HRC supporters blocking a roadway.

Sounds like you want Anarchy/Mob Rule to reign?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't believe you're correct. It's a common myth. Please cite the law that prohibits the carrying of a firearm in a commercial vehicle. :popcorn:

A lot of stores don't let us carry guns in too, that doesn't stop many lawful carriers. Also, don't forget about all the self employed drivers.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A

Unless you're talking about intrastate as opposed to interstate. I also never said that you can't have a gun in a commercial vehicle, just that it's federally regulated.

I said that companies prohibit you from doing so.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    What if there was an ambulance or fire truck stuck back there (on a run) that couldn't get through?

What if it rained and the gutters were clogged and your basement flooded? What if it was saturday?

Kute's statement that the average joe cannot intentionally kill people for blocking traffic is really not that radical. It is on the police to deal with those situations and if they are not as aggressive as you want them to be in their handling, you need to take it up with their leadership, maybe at election time. Even if there are ambulances and firetrucks trying to get through, the average joe is not justified to kill protestors blocking traffic. That seems to me to be a fairly obvious thing to stand on.

Top Bottom