• ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A

Unless you're talking about intrastate as opposed to interstate. I also never said that you can't have a gun in a commercial vehicle, just that it's federally regulated.

I said that companies prohibit you from doing so.

That isn't applicable if you have a LTCH and it's honored in your location. Otherwise, how do you legally carry your handgun in your car?

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I think they have a right to protest but there should be permits/ locations/ organization to it. Seems some are putting themselves and others in jeopardy. What if you had a child waiting on you at say the mall and you were held up by the protest. The store closes and your child was now outside, in the dark, waiting? Bad thing happen.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    What if it rained and the gutters were clogged and your basement flooded? What if it was saturday?

Kute's statement that the average joe cannot intentionally kill people for blocking traffic is really not that radical. It is on the police to deal with those situations and if they are not as aggressive as you want them to be in their handling, you need to take it up with their leadership, maybe at election time. Even if there are ambulances and firetrucks trying to get through, the average joe is not justified to kill protestors blocking traffic. That seems to me to be a fairly obvious thing to stand on.

I don't see where my basement flooding or Saturday has to do with the life of the patient in the ambulance or the life of the person in a fire because the vehicles can't get through.

I in no way said KILL!! I think they have a right to protest but there should be permits/ locations/ organization to it.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That isn't applicable if you have a LTCH and it's honored in your location. Otherwise, how do you legally carry your handgun in your car?

"If it's honored in your location."

As a trucker you're expected to be in any state at any time. In my car I'm in control of which state I will be visiting.

At the end of the day you're not going to have a nation wide LTCH, so federal law might as well be the law you live by unless you have a regular route.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I think they have a right to protest but there should be permits/ locations/ organization to it. Seems some are putting themselves and others in jeopardy. What if you had a child waiting on you at say the mall and you were held up by the protest. The store closes and your child was now outside, in the dark, waiting? Bad thing happen.

If you are talking to me, I am in favor of the police arresting them for screwing up traffic and people's lives. I do not think deadly force is justifiable against folks who are simply blocking traffic (if the police try to arrest them and remove them and they resist arrest, then that is something different and it would all depend on the specifics). I don't think Kute is saying the protestors blocking traffic are blameless, just that the citizenry cannot mow them down for blocking traffic.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've presented this question to a prosecutor one time.

A person intentionally parked their vehicle behind another vehicle so that the occupant could not leave in that car. The prosecutor's response was "you can't confine a car, and the person was free to move about."

Differences being it was a parking lot, not a road. One person was doing the blocking.

Hough posted case law, but I'll tell you from experience prosectors don't always charge the bigger crime that case law says they can.

So...I wouldn't count on it but maybe.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    If you are talking to me, I am in favor of the police arresting them for screwing up traffic and people's lives. I do not think deadly force is justifiable against folks who are simply blocking traffic (if the police try to arrest them and remove them and they resist arrest, then that is something different and it would all depend on the specifics). I don't think Kute is saying the protestors blocking traffic are blameless, just that the citizenry cannot mow them down for blocking traffic.

That was a general comment to the forum

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I've presented this question to a prosecutor one time.

A person intentionally parked their vehicle behind another vehicle so that the occupant could not leave in that car. The prosecutor's response was "you can't confine a car, and the person was free to move about."

Differences being it was a parking lot, not a road. One person was doing the blocking.

Hough posted case law, but I'll tell you from experience prosectors don't always charge the bigger crime that case law says they can.

So...I wouldn't count on it but maybe.

What do you think the ambulance / fire truck driver would /should /could do? Set and let the patient die /house burn?

No argument just asking.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    If Denny had a gun he could have shot people in the face all day long. I doubt anybody is scratching their head asking "am I ok to do that?"

That is a hind site opinion on the matter, had he started firing before he was pulled out and pummeled with rocks and stuff? I am not so certain his actions would have been justified in California. After he was getting his arse beat, it was too late to adequately defend himself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is a hind site opinion on the matter, had he started firing before he was pulled out and pummeled with rocks and stuff? I am not so certain his actions would have been justified in California. After he was getting his arse beat, it was too late to adequately defend himself.

Let's see, white guy finds himself, after the acquittal of 4 white police officers who beat a black man, in the middle of a riot, with people yelling at him, and throwing things at his truck. A person climbs his truck, and attempts to enter....yep, brain matter in the street. No benefit of hindsight needed. His actions would've been justified in California, and even if the weren't, for me, the only thing that changes, is before there's brain matter in the street, witnesses would've heard "**** California," before shots rang out.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Let's see, white guy finds himself, after the acquittal of 4 white police officers who beat a black man, in the middle of a riot, with people yelling at him, and throwing things at his truck. A person climbs his truck, and attempts to enter....yep, brain matter in the street. No benefit of hindsight needed. His actions would've been justified in California, and even if the weren't, for me, the only thing that changes, is before there's brain matter in the street, witnesses would've heard "**** California," before shots rang out.

I did say before the brain matter was exposed to shoot wouldn't have been justified. After is a bit late. You think in the wake of those riots he walks in that environment risking another riot? I'd bet against.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What do you think the ambulance / fire truck driver would /should /could do? Set and let the patient die /house burn?

No argument just asking.

Well, emergency vehicle operators are still required to drive with due regard for the safety of others, even morons. It's a poo sandwich for sure, and why obstruction of traffic should be dealt with swiftly. Coat the highway with pepper spray, and they'll probably find somewhere else to go.

Top Bottom