• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Down for shot #2 today.

First one went fine and ended the lingering nerve tingle, or whatever I had going on. Still have pronounced limp but going up stairs is a thing now, I must use hand rail.

Slowly I heal. My precatory goal is cardio to resume by first of year.

Had no idea I could wreck myself, sleeping, sober, and alone. Just outstanding.
    I've wrecked my back just bending down to pick something up before.

Glad you are recuperating.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    The wrong or old mattresses will amplify hip problems. After the PRP and healing, Yoga movements and forms, morning and night, will maintain alignment. Only takes a little as 5 minutes. Regular massages are helpful also.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Down for shot #2 today.

First one went fine and ended the lingering nerve tingle, or whatever I had going on. Still have pronounced limp but going up stairs is a thing now, I must use hand rail.

Slowly I heal. My precatory goal is cardio to resume by first of year.

Had no idea I could wreck myself, sleeping, sober, and alone. Just outstanding.

Apparently there are TWO November 21sts this year so down AGAIN today for shot #2.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The wrong or old mattresses will amplify hip problems. After the PRP and healing, Yoga movements and forms, morning and night, will maintain alignment. Only takes a little as 5 minutes. Regular massages are helpful also.

Have been doing yoga since I hurt my shoulder in Euclid, Ohio.

It's right across the hall, lol, get my massages there too.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    That old mattress may be the culprit as well.
    I found it made a huge difference for me. I'd lifted heavy lower body for too long in my late 40s. Everything got twisted up and out of alignment. Happened to spend a couple nights at my cousin's home on a different mattress and it was a quite noticable improvement. I went out and bought a new foam latex mattress. Now these hybrid mattresses seem to have even more benefits. Definite game changer.

I have a friend who does heavy kettlebell and lifting and he swears by the PSO-Rite tool for the psoas muscle. I find the pigeon and reverse pigeon (on back), along with other yoga exercises, to be most helpful.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I found it made a huge difference for me. I'd lifted heavy lower body for too long in my late 40s. Everything got twisted up and out of alignment. Happened to spend a couple nights at my cousin's home on a different mattress and it was a quite noticable improvement. I went out and bought a new foam latex mattress. Now these hybrid mattresses seem to have even more benefits. Definite game changer.

I have a friend who does heavy kettlebell and lifting and he swears by the PSO-Rite tool for the psoas muscle. I find the pigeon and reverse pigeon (on back), along with other yoga exercises, to be most helpful.
    Which brand of mattress do you recommend.

Pigeon, threading the needle, and lizard all do wonders for me! Double leg twist puts me in a different plane of reality.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Which brand of mattress do you recommend.

Pigeon, threading the needle, and lizard all do wonders for me! Double leg twist puts me in a different plane of reality.

Have a fourteen inch mattress called sleep natural latex. Believe I bought it a couple years ago at one of those Mattress Firm stores. It's a combination of foam and latex layers. I probably laid on at least twenty mattresses. Think this one was nearly $3000. Worth every penny since you spend a third of your life sleeping and recovering. Haven't had any hip issues in at least 8 years after getting rid of a Denver mattress, initially going to a ten inch foam latex and now to these thicker hybrids which I think are better.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I had it due to knots in my leg from a hamstring tear. PT and doc worked closely and I followed their instructions to the letter. Going from 2-3x a day training to nothing was hard. But afterwards I could run pain free.

I have memory foam mattress since you asked about them. The purple brand from Costco. We like it a lot. Try one. If you don’t like it the company will refund you.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I have been having mobility problems since Labor Day weekend. I wish I had a cool story but I slept on my side wrong and impacted my ability to walk and my right arm (large bruise where my Charlie Brown head was).

Prior piriformis syndrome, likely falling in helicopter years ago (training class, nothing heroic, wet boots, I fell down, went boom). Have started back at yoga and getting massages. Tried back at spin and gym.

Went to real doc said massive inflammation (I have "muscle knots" on adductor, quadracep and another big ass muscle I forget, it is twisting my pelvis causing me to walk like Festus) recommended checking into PRP like a player for the Colts. I did and am scheduling to get it started (NW side of Indy).

Anyone have prior experience with PRP therapy? Anything to do, or not to do.

Sorry if I missed it. What is the facility you are you getting PRP? I'm looking into PRP or stem cell treatment for some joints. Thanks.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    QC Kinetx, Eagle Creek facility, which is APPARENTLY NOT OPEN ON TUESDAYS . . . not that I am still mad about driving down there twice.

Please keep the updates coming with respect to the interactions with the people at the facility as well as how the treatment is going. I'm fairly convinced I'll be doing PRP or stem cell within the next 6 months. There's some more research to do and then deciding on a facility.

Side note: You frequently trained with Lou and / or Pat at Boone Co previously. Right?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Please keep the updates coming with respect to the interactions with the people at the facility as well as how the treatment is going. I'm fairly convinced I'll be doing PRP or stem cell within the next 6 months. There's some more research to do and then deciding on a facility.

Side note: You frequently trained with Lou and / or Pat at Boone Co previously. Right?
    My PRP is 5 injection battery.

Yes, many, many hours of training. Some at BCSD.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    3rd shot in Carmel today.

I can slow jog in (maybe a lope?). Pain is still gone but that disappeared on shot #1. Can stand on one leg, go up stairs without inch worming it. Standing up in morning is wobbly but no need to brace.

Going to bike tonight. Need to get back at it.

New mattress arrives Friday.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    New mattress is here, lol. Better go home and slide into house.
    Don't over do it. With my back issues moving stuff like mattresses which while not crazily heavy cause me to twist, bend in funky ways to maneuver them give me more back problems than other stuff afterwards.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't over do it. With my back issues moving stuff like mattresses which while not crazily heavy cause me to twist, bend in funky ways to maneuver them give me more back problems than other stuff afterwards.
    Cool, good thing I do not have back issues. It is my right adductor muscle.

I mean, I get it, when people watch me walk (you can't help it, I'm sexy), they thing foot, ankle, knee, hip, inter alia. I mean only I could hurt myself asleep and hurt the adductor muscle.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Cool, good thing I do not have back issues. It is my right adductor muscle.

I mean, I get it, when people watch me walk (you can't help it, I'm sexy), they thing foot, ankle, knee, hip, inter alia. I mean only I could hurt myself asleep and hurt the adductor muscle.
    Gotcha, good luck with that.

You should probably switch that fat lawyer money wallet to the other side, maybe that will help.

Top Bottom