• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've seen it advertised at Midway for $17.99 a box for the 168 gr. BTHP. Wideners has it for $12.95/box and I'm wondering if its any good. Its brass cased and reloadable.... but is it a crimped primer and is the brass any good? Anyone shot it compared to Federal Gold Medal? For the price it might be hard to pass up.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I bought some for my DPMS as a lower cost round than what I shoot in my POF ( fgmm, amax match) and I was very pleased with the results.

16''
    Non free floated
    1-4 scope

3 and 5 shot groups @ 100 yards
    2zhjrps.jpg

jpfpjl.jpg

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Its ok but if you are comparing it to fgmm it will be about .5 moa larger spread at 100yds

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    but is it a crimped primer and is the brass any good? Anyone shot it compared to Federal Gold Medal? For the price it might be hard to pass up.

I've gone through about 1,000 rounds and have another 1,000 sitting here. The primers are not crimped and the brass is great for reloading. The accuracy seems to vary a little from lot to lot, but it is under 1 MOA at 100 yards.

I shoot the Prvi through my Kel-Tec RFB and my AR10T and then reload the brass for my .308 bench gun. I've got 6-7 reloads on some of the brass and it holds up just fine.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I will confirm everything that has been said. Good ammo for the price. Not the best. Brass is not shiny but cleans up nicely and is not crimped. I do not think it is as accurate as other ammo, but it is sub-moa at 100 yards

hiram762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    New Castle
    The ammo is o.k. for plinking or semi auto's. But, is NOT match grade by any means!! It didn't perform very well out of a Rem. 700 5R at all.

Top Bottom