• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    To be honest, i order ammunition from them ALL the time. It ships fast, is packaged nice, and correct. I cant find ammo even near the prices they have, let alone shipped. Never ordered firearms though.

I have also picked up ammo and some of their daily deals on accessories and shipping has been fast. Haven’t ever ordered a firearm from them though.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Anymore most of my orders are pretty much ammo. I ended up picking up one of their pistol lowers with the new SBA3 stock and their EPT trigger for just over $200. It showed up, everything works and it's been another good experience. I can get why people would be upset if they've had a bad experience with them, I get that. For me though, the good has far outweighed the bad.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    To be honest, i order ammunition from them ALL the time. It ships fast, is packaged nice, and correct. I cant find ammo even near the prices they have, let alone shipped. Never ordered firearms though.
    Same, they are a go-to site for ammo and when they do free shipping it's a sweeeet deal. I buy ammo local when I can, but it's easy to spend $100 on ammo and usually at PSA that often means free shipping - and their wide selection of ammo beats anything a LGS can have on display.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same, they are a go-to site for ammo and when they do free shipping it's a sweeeet deal. I buy ammo local when I can, but it's easy to spend $100 on ammo and usually at PSA that often means free shipping - and their wide selection of ammo beats anything a LGS can have on display.

OK.....now I have to go look at the ammo selection they offer.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    BCM has never sent me the wrong upper.

BCM doesn't sell uppers in the same price range either. Not hating on BCM, my go to is a BCM 14.5" pinned Socom upper on a BCM lower. The fit on my BCM is great, the finish between upper and lower doesn't match at all, especially for what I paid. No company if perfect, but I'd absolutely expect more out of a BCM and I'd absolutely expect to spend three times as much on it as well.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    BCM doesn't sell uppers in the same price range either. Not hating on BCM, my go to is a BCM 14.5" pinned Socom upper on a BCM lower. The fit on my BCM is great, the finish between upper and lower doesn't match at all, especially for what I paid. No company if perfect, but I'd absolutely expect more out of a BCM and I'd absolutely expect to spend three times as much on it as well.

Certainly.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So what is the answer to the question, "I want to build an AR as affordably as possible, but I don't want to go PSA, so I am going to spend a little more and order from ________"

Midway Stoner line? Anderson?

Who are the "middle class" purveyors or AR build kits? Above PSA, below cost of BCM?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So what is the answer to the question, "I want to build an AR as affordably as possible, but I don't want to go PSA, so I am going to spend a little more and order from ________"

Who are the "middle class" purveyors or AR build kits? Above PSA, below cost of BCM?
    FN. Buy complete dont build

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

I would say Spikes Tactical, somehow they seem to have been left behind in AR discussions of late.
    They used to make a solid product, hope they still do.
    That would be in my opinion "middle class".

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I stopped even looking at that site years ago. They suck.
    If your budget is such that it requires using them then have at it. But expect the worst and hope for the best.

Bracing myself for the onslaught of "I love my PSA rifles/parts/pieces/etc"

I doubt you will have to brace yourself too much. I am certainly not in love with my PSA rifles. They explode water bottles really nice at 50 yards. That's fun. I have ordered from PSA 5 times. 4 of those 5 times I have gotten exactly what I ordered, and nothing has broke yet. I will pick up my 5th order later today. I will let you know if it is messed up. I have never waited more than a week for any order. Generally 4 to 5 days. I know that I am a statistical impossibility, but I do speak the truth. I get a kick out of everyone talking about their rifle being so much better, and being battle ready. How many guys here at INGO will use their rifle in battle? If by some chance I am in battle, and somehow last more than a couple days, I am sure the battlefield will have quality AR's lying around that I can swap out my PSA for.:laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I doubt you will have to brace yourself too much. I am certainly not in love with my PSA rifles. They explode water bottles really nice at 50 yards. That's fun. I have ordered from PSA 5 times. 4 of those 5 times I have gotten exactly what I ordered, and nothing has broke yet. I will pick up my 5th order later today. I will let you know if it is messed up. I have never waited more than a week for any order. Generally 4 to 5 days. I know that I am a statistical impossibility, but I do speak the truth. I get a kick out of everyone talking about their rifle being so much better, and being battle ready. How many guys here at INGO will use their rifle in battle? If by some chance I am in battle, and somehow last more than a couple days, I am sure the battlefield will have quality AR's lying around that I can swap out my PSA for.:laugh:

The average guy (average is up for discussion) will run his AR maybe 2 times a year if that. Put a couple of mags through it and back on the shelf so to speak. Hey I am fine with that as my range time this year is ridiculous as to near none. Medical issues with the spouse and an insane level of work have kept me away.

I did get out last Saturday and believe me I ran the living crap out of 5 of the AR's that I took along. Hundreds of rounds putting a serious pain on several pieces of steel. Wonderful.

As to the average guy if they like the PSA level of involvement and it makes them smile I am fine with that. Have a blast. Literally.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The average guy (average is up for discussion) will run his AR maybe 2 times a year if that. Put a couple of mags through it and back on the shelf so to speak. Hey I am fine with that as my range time this year is ridiculous as to near none. Medical issues with the spouse and an insane level of work have kept me away.

I did get out last Saturday and believe me I ran the living crap out of 5 of the AR's that I took along. Hundreds of rounds putting a serious pain on several pieces of steel. Wonderful.

As to the average guy if they like the PSA level of involvement and it makes them smile I am fine with that. Have a blast. Literally.

My point exactly. I have one set up for occasional coyote hunting. Another PSA and an M&P for blasting water bottles and such. Why spend more money for that. Now if I were in serious competition, law enforcement, or the military, then I would buy a quality AR.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    5 for 5. 2 complete uppers, 2 complete lowers and a spare bcg. PSA made no mistakes on my orders and all arrived promptly. And get this, everything works! I must be the luckiest SOB to ever order from PSA. Maybe next month I will try my luck at ammo.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

If it wasn't for PSA, I'd take a really hard look at the M&P sport II's. Hardly hear or read anything bad about them and they're usually on sale in the sub $600 range for a complete and assembled rifle.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If it wasn't for PSA, I'd take a really hard look at the M&P sport II's. Hardly hear or read anything bad about them and they're usually on sale in the sub $600 range for a complete and assembled rifle.

There was a recent report on INGO that they blow up when Wolf ammo is fired through them.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana

M&P Sport II
    Whatever the Ruger equivalent is
    Stag
    Delton
    Probably Bushmaster
    Possibly Armalite

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Anything can happen with any of them.

When you start off with better quality parts and then on top of that do more QA before the gun leaves the door, you are likely to get a better gun.

My pockets aren't that deep.

I'm into ARs at the BCM or similar level.

Plus pistols are way more fun and practical for me anyways.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, I should have seen it coming.
    PSA sent me the wrong upper as well.
    They made the exact same mistake that they made with my brother just a week prior.
    They processed an order for a 6.5 Grendel complete upper, but shipped a 5.56 Nato upper with no bcg or charging handle.

I sent the wrong upper back and PSA received it today.
    I called them this afternoon and they said the proper department will need to scan in the package received. Once that was done, it should only be about 2-3 days before the proper upper shipped out!

Not one word of an offer to expedite my order, which I had expected they would.
    Doesn't seem like they really cared too much that they have a problem in their shipping department.

I've had good experiences with PSA in the past, but this latest episode makes me wonder if I want to continue doing business with them.

Top Bottom