• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    So what is the answer to the question, "I want to build an AR as affordably as possible, but I don't want to go PSA, so I am going to spend a little more and order from ________"Midway Stoner line? Anderson? Who are the "middle class" purveyors or AR build kits? Above PSA, below cost of BCM?
    The answer is PSA. I believe the guys who have been having problems getting the 6.5Gren uppers in the last week or two. I also believe the guys who have had other problems years ago or had complaints about the quality, but here's what I know,.....I've ordered from PSA a couple three dozen times in the last two years. Ordered two of the 6.5Gren uppers, both a 20" and an 18" a couple of weeks apart. Have ordered well over a dozen AR parts kits, a bunch of lowers, a bunch of lower build kits(always with the MagPul furniture and EPT triggers), thousands of rounds of 5.56 when teamed up with rebates/mags/free shipping, and I think 6 of the S&W 9mm Shields when they were blowing them out with free shipping and the rebates that made them $200 at my door. Never had a problem,.......once an order took more than a week to arrive during the holidays. Here's something else I know,.......don't buy the cheapest rifle kits they sell. Sit around for a few weeks waiting for something nice to come on sale and spend an extra twenty bucks. For that extra twenty you'll get a better barrel, nitride, MagPul furniture, mid-length gas(NEVER BUY CARBINE!), folding MagPul sights and free shipping. Sometimes you can get a Dissipator or FDE/OD furniture. Just received two kits today in fact for $329 each delivered. I LIKE building them and they build up as first rate rifles.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Is a $1500 rifle 'better' than my <$400 PSA build? Frankly, I kinda doubt it but I wouldn't bet against it. There's room for improvement. I'd rather they didn't come with A2 profile, but that's my only gripe. Is a $1500 rifle $1100+ better than my <$400 PSA build. No, that's a definite NO. Is it better than my <$400 PSA build and 4k rds of Federal 5.56 shipped to my door from PSA? Again, no.

Anybody not believe me just buy one of these kits and see for yourself,...the quality will surprise you.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...eedom-rifle-kit-with-rear-mbus-516447333.html

516447333.jpg

Woops, too late. They're sold out but believe me they'll be back in a week or two. Maybe not the FDE, but I've built over a dozen of this basic model this year and they just keep getting less expensive.

Top Bottom