• ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just sent them an email.

Their reply was they are just like the corner gas station, just the mere possibility of a shortage drives buyers into a frenzy and the supply chain pressure necessitated a price increase.

How'd you even leave the politics section long enough to sniff that out lol.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont see this necessarily as a totally bad thing. In some cases this is a stupid tax for those hypocrites that for years told us "nobody needs an AR-15" and now suddenly have opened their eyes and realize "yes we DO need an AR-15!" . They are now late to the game and I giggle gleefully when I see them having to pay for their stupidity. Ammo too. Like my inlaws who for years told me I was nuts for owning one. Now suddenly she doesnt feel safe and made her husband buy one. he's paying out the ass now because he didnt get on the bandwagon when you could buy ammo for cheap. I cant wait for Thanksgiving. LOL

Sure, I feel kinda bad for those that were on the fence. But oh well.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I dont see this necessarily as a totally bad thing. In some cases this is a stupid tax for those hypocrites that for years told us "nobody needs an AR-15" and now suddenly have opened their eyes and realize "yes we DO need an AR-15!" . They are now late to the game and I giggle gleefully when I see them having to pay for their stupidity. Ammo too. Like my inlaws who for years told me I was nuts for owning one. Now suddenly she doesnt feel safe and made her husband buy one. he's paying out the ass now because he didnt get on the bandwagon when you could buy ammo for cheap. I cant wait for Thanksgiving. LOL

Sure, I feel kinda bad for those that were on the fence. But oh well.

Yeah, the i'll be able to get one sometime down the road crowd are realizing the end of the road may be near lol.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And when the ban comes, one small consolation will be we all got to have lots of fun with our toys, while they totally wasted their money like a guy showing up to a concert during the last song. LOL

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've noticed these prices at the gun stores too, if not higher. The stores that carry PSA are damn near $1,000- $1,200 out the door for a new PSA rifle right now. Pretty standard, basic, rifles at that. You may as well buy a non marked up mid to high end rifle at that point. Something like a BCM, SOLGW, PWS, Colt, FN, Sig, etc. all of which can be had for around the same price if not a tad bit more... even more choices if you look into the slightly used rifles or displays.

In the fallout of the 2016 election, where lower end guns were being sold at ridiculously low prices, I read that the main reason for that was public attitudes on gun purchases depending on the party in power. The industry thought that HRC would win so they built and stocked lower end guns. Traditionally that is what they want when dems are in power, a buyer might prefer to buy 2 Glocks instead of 1 $1000 Sig as they do when republicans have the power. So look for the lower end to rise in price making higher-mid to high end a great value...

Meathead2011

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2020
    Flora
    Yea just bought a psa 15 right before the recent price raise it rose over 100 dollars in about a week ago and ammo dont get me started lol

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wait, so you are telling me that when things are in demand there are price increases? INGO should win the Nobel Prize in economics for certain!

Books on economics apparently need to be on the Christmas list of INGO.

A50iBxwt7qMC

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I used to check PSA's site almost every day. Gave it up in Feb/March. They were already jacking prices across the board pre-rona but they've gone full Cheaper Than Dirt this year. Also seems like they've pretty much shelved almost all their upcoming products in favor of building as much of the same old stuff as possible and raking in profits from their inflated prices. And, well, the desperate scared sheep are all paying the insane prices, so...:dunno:

Where's the Dagger? Where's the Jackal upper? Where's the PSA MP5? They were showing off all this cool upcoming stuff and appear to have dropped it all.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I used to check PSA's site almost every day. Gave it up in Feb/March. They were already jacking prices across the board pre-rona but they've gone full Cheaper Than Dirt this year. Also seems like they've pretty much shelved almost all their upcoming products in favor of building as much of the same old stuff as possible and raking in profits from their inflated prices. And, well, the desperate scared sheep are all paying the insane prices, so...:dunno:

Where's the Dagger? Where's the Jackal upper? Where's the PSA MP5? They were showing off all this cool upcoming stuff and appear to have dropped it all.

Floating trial balloons and then popping them is nothing new in the gun culture. We could list page after page of vaporware.

Assuming arguendo that you are the COO of PSA, would you float new products in the Age of the Rona? Or would you stop on the accelerator as to what is selling quickly and raise the price to make hay will the sun shines?

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Not just PSA. ARs at CDNN have went up 50-80%. S&W Sport II used to be ~$500 and is now $850. Not sure how much of this is supply/demand or opportunistic selling.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Not just PSA. ARs at CDNN have went up 50-80%. S&W Sport II used to be ~$500 and is now $850. Not sure how much of this is supply/demand or opportunistic selling.
    It always happens when there is threats of democrat marxist rule.. everyone buys like crazy and demand skyrockets... I can't argue against gouging.. I think the supply/demand think is a form of gouging anyways. Its almost as if they punish us because they cannot keep up with demand but at the same time, they can't always be staffed to keep up with extremely high demand because that in itself would mean it cost them more to produce and they may have to buy more equipment to keep up.. its just a big mess

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Are they not the same?

Subtle difference without a real distinction I guess.

From what I recall from my Economics classes, supply/demand is dynamic however it always moves towards a state of balance.

Opportunistic selling is when someone identifies and exploits an opportunity for arbitrage. Ultimately this cannot last long as other sellers will enter the market at a slightly lower cost (unless the sellers form a cartel, even then we all know that cartels, legal or not, cannot be trusted) in order to gain an advantage. At some point supply/demand will again reach equilibrium (could be at a higher average cost) as either buyers leave the market because of cost or sellers leave because they can put capital to use elsewhere making higherprofits.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Every time I go to PSA to look at the AKs they are already sold out. I guess they aren't charging enough for current demand.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Every time I go to PSA to look at the AKs they are already sold out. I guess they aren't charging enough for current demand.

Guess not! Tis the season. Lesson to be learned is that if you find something at a good price and you think you'll want it, buy it! You can always sell it if you change your mind, especially the case with firearms / ammo.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The PSA AKs (GF3 and sometimes GF4) are usually released weekly on Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Be on top of the web page and you can score one.

Top Bottom