• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I wonder if it is people that never had a gun before, people that want more, or a combination of both, that's driving the demand. In the face of them not being available for purchase I'm sure some folks would rather pay more than we used to than not have the option to buy at all. And, you can't practice with it anyhow unless you're a millionaire with a basement full of ammo!

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    with a basement full of ammo!

dd0.jpg

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    It is just the market, no different than the greatly inflated ammo prices i am seeing here and on other sites, if biden gets in and gets his way of "registering " by having to have a stamp, the market will be flooded with them. I brought a bunch of 9mm and shotgun shells back a 2 weeks ago, it was all sold before i got home, 300 per thousand on blazer brass,speer lawman 325 and cases of shotgun shells 55 per case on gun club winchester aa 65 a case. i made a little cash, may go get more in a week or so.

sgthud

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Fishers
    It is the way the market works...not even 2 years ago you could get a decent AR for ~$450...now demand is high and supply low, prices go off the chart!

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    It is the way the market works...not even 2 years ago you could get a decent AR for ~$450...now demand is high and supply low, prices go off the chart!

Stag Arms' Stag15 Tactical 16" rifle is only $30 more than it was quoted in an article I read from Oct '19. Combine that with their 10% off over black Friday weekend or their 5% off for first time customers, it's not a bad deal to my eyes - at least in terms of price inflation. Granted, it's still double the budget you suggested, but some reviews on here say it's pretty good for the money.

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    Palmetto state armory.

The same rifle a year ago is now $400 more.

I checked their site about a month ago and the prices were about $200 less.

:poop:
    The only good thing about this is all my ar builds are PSA and a complete upper I bought. I guess they're worth more now. I bought PSA because it was a good value for the money. It may still be but I'm not paying 2x the price. RIP PSA. I'll support them if they lower prices.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    One of the issues is cost of supplies for the manufacturers. Their costs are increasing, so their wares are increasing in price. There may be gouging going on, but that’s not the only cause for increased prices.

Top Bottom