• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Sheepdog/flatlander- were these mags the aluminum ones?

Yes. Nobody likes the black ones it seems at PSA or BCM. I'm sure they will work as well as grey.

Bob

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I have 2 PSA rifles, they are outstanding. Best rifle for the money out there IMO. They have great prices and wicked sales sometimes. Shipping has been within a couple days for me. You can only purchase things when they are in stock anyways...so no issues. The D&H mags are a steal, stock up.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    D&H 5.56 30rd Aluminum Magazine

Aluminum, black Teflon coated, Magpul follower. These are FANTASTIC mags. Where did you hear about folks not liking them? Just wondering.

Assumption...purple implied.
    It seems that these are the only ones available on both sites and no idea why people are just letting them sit . Never heard anything bad anywhere about them. Glad others seem to not want them though.
    BTW, it says my order shipped today. So far so good.

Bob

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Assumption...purple implied.
    It seems that these are the only ones available on both sites and no idea why people are just letting them sit . Never heard anything bad anywhere about them. Glad others seem to not want them though.
    BTW, it says my order shipped today. So far so good.

Bob

Gotcha. I don't think people are letting them sit. They just seem to have a TON. :)

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I blame you for making them go out of stock yet again :)

You're welcome. I should have some tomorrow I can sell you..... at the new supply and demand price of course.......'Merica:patriot:
    Just kidding. Holding onto these. Maybe need to get another AR to balance everything out?

Bob

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Stay away from the ptac stuff and you'll be fine. I have a few of their lowers and no issues. Usually buy my uppers from DSA however. About the same price, better barrels.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Stay away from the ptac stuff and you'll be fine. I have a few of their lowers and no issues. Usually buy my uppers from DSA however. About the same price, better barrels.

+1 on the PTAC advice. But aside from that, better barrels than the FN barrels PSA puts in their uppers? I have both their premium CMV and CHF barrels. I don't see a ton of room for improvement.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Built my first AR a few month ago...PSA CHF M4 profile upper, PSA blem stripped lower, PSA premium classic LBK, PSA Premium full auto HPT/MPI BCG ...built a fine AR for $628.

Might as well get 'em before November.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Two thumbs way up for PSA. I've ordered their blemished lowers every time and have yet to find the blemish. Getting harder and harder to beat their prices on anything AR-related.
    +1 on the blem lowers. I ordered one and used it on one of my recent builds. Could not find anything blem related except maybe the roll mark wasn't stamped quite as deep would be my guess but other than that the fit and finish was top notch.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    +1 on the PTAC advice. But aside from that, better barrels than the FN barrels PSA puts in their uppers? I have both their premium CMV and CHF barrels. I don't see a ton of room for improvement.

All DSA barrels are excellent. PSA barrels have a vast range. A lot of their cheaper uppers have stainless barrels, better for accuracy, cheaper, but I'd never have one in a "shtf" or "combat" gun

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I have a ptac upper, out shot a colt 20" h bar with it. Ptac quality seems to have improved over the years.

I just bought a ptac upper from them. Fit and finish seemed good. Sales rep confirmed it has a 4150 melonite barrel which was the deciding factor for me. It may not be a colt or bcm, but I look forward to doing a few mag dumps, using different types of ammo and regular shooting just to see how it does.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I honestly can't say how many PSA's I've put together from their website. If I had to guess I'd say it's between 12 - 20 between friends, family, and supporting my own habits. In those rifles, I've only run across a few issues. My most recent upper is a 14.5" pinned/welded lightweight. The upper came in and the front sight was just a little canted. I took it to a local gunsmith to confirm and he agreed. I sent it back unfired, and when it returned it was fixed. The best part, was that they used a triangle handguard piece for the forend and I asked them if "while they were at it" if they could use a round one instead so I could mount up the new magpul slim handguards. I told them I'd be glad to pay for the change and to call. They never called and they just went ahead and did it without charging me, not only that the rifle came back with a nickel boron bolt carrier group in it. Needless to say they went way above and beyond to fix the issue. It's possible they may have pulled up my account and realized I'm a PSA junkie and they wanted to keep me happy, but that's just me speculating. Another issue I had was with a 300 blackout pistol upper. One of the screws on the forend came loose and the bolt carrier group didn't come properly staked or staked at all. I sent that back and when it returned it was all fixed up.

My PSA rifles have been great and I have zero complaints about them now. The complaints I've had have been few and far between from purchasing made at peak/rush times and PSA has always made it right by me. Nobody is perfect, nothing mechanical in nature is going to be perfect 100% of the time, I'll bet my life on my PSA rifles, but I'm also going to continue to inspect them thoroughly as well. PSA is good to go.

Those $7 aluminum magazines are the best deal going. Shame on anyone who doesn't buy as many of those as they can afford with this upcoming election. You never have enough mags, period.

Top Bottom