• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I am a Glock fan, but certainly not a fanboy. I see Glocks as the Toyota Camry of the gun world. Unlike Glock's marketing hype, they are NOT perfect. But they work reasonably well at a large assortment of things while being moderately cost effective. I have collected 5 over the last 15 or so years.

Although I don't know if I can count the last one I got. I call it my FrankenGlock. It has a Glock 19 frame and a few factory parts. The rest of it is aftermarket from probably a dozen manufactures. It runs good and I have not had issue with my example...thankfully.

In the handgun world, the level of aftermarket support for Glock's cannot be matched making them easier and potentially less expensive to support. I would think this would help a fair amount.

I agree with the sentiment of many. IF it's truly and really reliable, then PSA will sell a metric crap ton of these things.

I know that I will be standing in line probably yelling...

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!
    264200-shut-up-and-take-my-money

264241-shut-up-and-take-my-money

It would be interesting to get a parts list to see what parts are compatible with Glock OEM.

At first I thought they are a 2 pin setup like Gen 1,2,5 Glocks. But from what I can see on the videos they seem to be a 3 pin setup with the locking block pin in a different location (further forward and lower). I wonder if this change will alter parts compatibility.

It uses a hinged M&P style of trigger. However, they state that once the hinge portion bottoms out, the trigger is closer to being flat during the pull.

Starting with stainless barrels, and maybe getting hammer forged barrels later according to one video. Stainless slide and internals.

All nitrided it seems.

There already seems to be a couple videos out. Looks like they will have a couple versions available eventually. Basic $299...Suppressor Sights $349...and Optic Ready $399. Not available until the March / April-ish time at this point. I guess they are even toying with the idea of a 19 Long type of variant.

[video=youtube;utViSLnXRhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utViSLnXRhQ[/video]

[video=youtube;ZtIX6CudAhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtIX6CudAhI[/video]

[video=youtube;UI5O4kwX2tU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI5O4kwX2tU[/video]

Start at the 1 minute mark below.....

[video=youtube;1c5Pc5p7S74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5Pc5p7S74&feature=emb_logo[/video]

Start at the 4 minute mark below.....

[video=youtube;ay4PtDr4aNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4PtDr4aNw[/video]

Last edited:

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    I'm hoping I can get my mitts on one before buying. I really like the feel of the p80 frames but if this feels good then I'm gonna snag one . Only 2 grips have ever felt like they were made for my hand the textured p80 and the canik elite combat. Wish I could line them all 3 up and put some rounds through them to help me decide

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I really appreciate what Palmetto State Armory is doing these days. Putting as many firearms as possible in the hands of working-class folks who aren’t made of money does as much to strengthen support for the second amendment as anything. The more guns out there the harder they are to take away.

I hope the concept takes off and I hope they are cranked up enough production-wise and QA-wise to meet the demand. I’ve owned three or four generations of Glock pistols and although I don’t own any right now they are damn solid. Great analogy, the Toyota Camry of defensive pistols.

Rock on, PSA and keep it up. Hell, if I lived down there I’d be applying for a job with them.

GWC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Lowell
    id like to get one im my hands and see, not a glock fan at all, but not a hater either, it either feels good and works, or it dont period.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I didn't watch all of the videos so forgive me if this was mentioned..
    Rumor has it Full Conceal is making a PS9 foldy version for about half the foldy Glock price

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I like glocks, and I like that PSA put this new pistol out there. If they really wanted to make Glock mad, they should have made this in 22lr that doesn't break like many reviews of the newly released GLock 44's.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I will likely get one of these if they prove to be reliable. I'm not a Glock fan. I only have one, a G42 that I rarely carry. I have owned most of them and just could not get used to the crappy, crappy, crappy ergonomics. But I do respect their reliability and realize that parts and accessories are always available, due to their widespread use by those who force themselves to train through the bad ergonomics/unnatural point of aim or who have been born with a birth defect that makes Glocks actually feel normal in their hands.

If this new pistol solves the ergonomics problems, points naturally, is reliable, takes Glock sights and mags and actually retails for $300, count me in. I do have a bunch of Glock 9mm mags for my 2 carbines that take them, and would love to have a pistol that is not an ergonomic nightmare to go along with them. Such a pistol would be just about...perfection.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I must have stumbled onto the wrong forum....I thought I was on INGO. The forum that trashes PSA. :scratch:
    Nope, I still trash their lack of quality and quality control. IF they do something right for a change, I’m going to buy one or 10. I’m thinking I’ll only spend sub $299, and won’t have to worry about the rest.

Last edited:

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm a Glock and PSA fan and was excited about this until I read this article which pointed out one small detail:
    https://www.ballisticmag.com/2020/05/18/palmetto-state-ps9-dagger-glock-clone/
    "The gun is feature rich and includes forward cocking serrations on the 416 stainless steel slide."
    [FONT=PT Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]Crappy 416 stainless steel. I just assembled a p80 so I've done some reading into the quality of steel used in aftermarket slides. Basically [/FONT]
    [FONT=PT Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]416 = crap. [/FONT]
    [FONT=PT Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]416R = the R makes a big difference because it's treated different and is actually the industry standard for a pistol barrel. It's also used in some after market slides and depending on quality control of the individual company may be good or may be crap like the infamous Weulf slides you see online (I sadly bought a Weulf before I knew what I was doing). [/FONT]
    [FONT=PT Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]17-4 = gold standard for slides. OEM Glock and Gucci makers like Zev will use 17-4 for their slides. It's much harder and a pain to mill on so the price increase is for quality of steel and increase in skill and time needed to work on it. Apparently using 17-4 for a barrel is considered overkill so no one uses 17-4 for a barrel.[/FONT]

[FONT=PT Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'll wait about 6 months to see if we start getting PSA Dagger slide cracking reports, but with ammo shortages we may not see the round counts needed through the dagger to stress them. I'm thinking that if unfortunately someone is buying a PSA dagger and it's their only pistol they won't be able to afford the ammo to get the high round counts. If you're buying a PSA dagger as a curiosity or backup to your backup to your (ad infinitum) you probably won't put the rounds through it to stress it.[/FONT]

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Wait.... Wasn't that a classic complaint about the 1911 platform all the Glock fanboys consistently threw at them while extolling the virtues of their perfect choice?
    Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I'll be watching this with interest. I do hope that this is successful for PSA. The market is totally flooded with almost everyone making the same sort of idea. I'd hate to see this swept under the rug and forgotten like the PSA 1911.
    At shot show there was a video where it was stated the PSA 1911 would make a comeback.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I could hit a clay at 50 yards out of the box (a silly story actually), but the trigger just killed me after a while. Stock glocks feel like squeezing day old mashed potatoes. Zev tech trigger, reduced weight titanium firing pin and internals , then I got a kkm barrel and tritium sights... I could almost build the stock glock back from all the parts in it. After a while that stuff adds up Hahaha! I wouldn't go back to a standard trigger so long as I have the choice.

it's been a while, but I thought the locking block had a serial on it for some reason... I'll have to look again I guess.
    There's articles about serializing firearm components.
    When a new firearm comes to market the company discusses with the ATF what part of the item will be legally designated as the "firearm". On glock that's the polymer frame in the USA but in Austria it's the slide.
    On Glocks the serial number is on multiple parts including the barrel but you are still legally using the same firearm no matter what is removed so long as it's the frame being used.
    On example of how inconsistent this is, AR-15 the serialized part is the lower, on CZ Bren2 and scorpion it's the upper, etc...

Top Bottom