• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I saw the procession driving south on shadeland infront of the building I work in. I stood outside and watched while it passed by. There were a lot of cars and it was heartwarming to see.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Home from the service, it was very inspiring to see the turnout for Corporal Billy Aldridge. The Patriot Guard was in attendance as well as hundreds of Vets and active duty soldiers. The church was contacted yesterday after the funeral home became concerned their facility would not be adequate for the number of people they thought would attend, I am happy to say the church was not large enough either. Every seat was filled and by the time the service started so were the aisles, and hallways and we were told about 1000 people were waiting to get in to pay their respects. Billy may have died without blood relatives in attendance but I think he would have been proud to see so many of his brothers in arms there to give him the honor all Vets deserve...Semper Fi Corporal Aldridge...

vet1_zpspllrtggz.jpg

vet2_zpsesaqtwoo.jpg

:+1:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This warms my heart, and brings a tear to my eye. Kudos to all of you that showed up to pay honor to this man.

I felt this statement from the new article summed it up very well:

Then looking around her at all the others who came to pay tribute, she added, "I'm proud of our state. I'm proud of our people. This is unity. This is America."

Top Bottom