Public school bull**** heard from my stepkids.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    OMG........ Watching the election stuff on tv and the 2 stepkids want Obama to win..... I calmly asked them why and was told that their band teacher told them if Romney wins there will be no more school scholarships.....

If they were my kids I would start home schooling tomorrow.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I don't see what is worse, teachers telling kids to vote for somebody who wants them to keep working, or owners/CEO's of large companies telling their employees that they had "better" vote a certain way or else their jobs might go away.

How deplorable only one side does this.....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't see what is worse, teachers telling kids to vote for somebody who wants them to keep working, or owners/CEO's of large companies telling their employees that they had "better" vote a certain way or else their jobs might go away.

I don't pay someone to shove sunshine up my ass. But I'll be happy to listen to someone's admonitions for a paycheck.

And using children?

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I don't pay someone to shove sunshine up my ass. But I'll be happy to listen to someone's admonitions for a paycheck.

And using children?

I still don't see what is wrong, although I probably wouldn't have talked to students about the presidential election but rather focused on the Superintendent of Edu and Governor of Indiana.

And threatening people about their jobs isn't cool, period.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I still don't see what is wrong, although I probably wouldn't have talked to students about the presidential election but rather focused on the Superintendent of Edu and Governor of Indiana.

Fine. You send your children over to my house and let me have them 8 hours a day. You won't mind if I fill their little heads with something that is in opposition to your worldview.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Fine. You send your children over to my house and let me have them 8 hours a day. You won't mind if I fill their little heads with something that is in opposition to your worldview.

Jeez, relax. Teachers were too busy fearing for their jobs under Tony "not the cool one" Bennett and his testing and merit based pay to campaign much.

Besides, you haven't met my 2nd child, he has various food allergies that make him lose his mind and be ultra-violent. I'll be sure to not send that list with when I send him....

:)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Jeez, relax. Teachers were too busy fearing for their jobs under Tony "not the cool one" Bennett and his testing and merit based pay to campaign much.

Besides, you haven't met my 2nd child, he has various food allergies that make him lose his mind and be ultra-violent. I'll be sure to not send that list with when I send him....

:)

I'll relax when people like you stop thinking that you can have my children.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

You are ignorant if you can't see the difference.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    What bothers me is if they gave them honest views of both sides and allowed them to form their own opinion it would be different. That is why I sakes them why they wanted Obama.. Thought maybe they had a good reason.. Was open to hearing their side.

When I explained his stance on guns and role the oldest he wanted to ban the very gun he is wanting for Christmas, he had a look of shock and horror on his face.

I do NOT push my political or religious views on them, I don't think it is right for some Obamatard teacher to do so either.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Why in the world is a band teacher discussing politics with students? That's a very odd way to teach band.

It's not the role of public education to reinforce whatever worldview each child's parents happen to hold. That's not education; it's indoctrination.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why in the world is a band teacher discussing politics with students? That's a very odd way to teach band.

It's not the role of public education to reinforce whatever worldview each child's parents happen to hold. That's not education; it's indoctrination.

I'd be fine if they remained neutral. The problem is that they don't. :xmad:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

^^Must be a band teacher^^

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I'd be fine if they remained neutral. The problem is that they don't. :xmad:

With respect to political speech I agree with you. I attended public school in Indiana, and not a single one of my teachers ever attempted to engage me in political speech. It was an excellent public school, so perhaps we just had a better set of teachers.

I would expand the "worldview" issue to include concepts such as Creationism and Abstinence Education (sic), but that's an argument for another thread.

Top Bottom