• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When we last left our hero...

So I got pulled over again today, 465 southbound, around mile 44.6 or so.

This guy? I was waiting for my ticket for 30 minutes.

He walks to the window, I pull out my license and registration, he sees my gun on the passenger seat...

"You got a gun in your car?"
    "Yes."
    "Put your hands on the wheel, I'll be around to get it..."

WHAT? So he walks around to the passenger seat, opens the door, and takes it. He asks where I'm going, where I work, and what do I do... then "Mind if I run a check on this?"

I was so dumbfounded, I just nodded and watched him in the mirror.

30 minutes of him fumbling through papers and whatnot... he finally comes back, says he's putting it in the back seat, and gives me a ticket for 70 in a 55.

It felt like he'd never pulled someone over, let alone seen a gun before.

So here I am, with a brand new ticket... literally ONE WEEK after I pay my last one. I don't know what that means, now...

I did the $225 deferral on the last ticket... what happens now? This'll be the first time I get points against me... and it probably means my last ticket will put points on me now (safe driver deferral).

What's the process for this?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I've completed the deferral more times than I can remember. The way I here it, the ticket won't show up plus you get 4 bonus points upon completion of the program. You should now have 4 extra points.
    From that they will subtract your latest ticket.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Yep, I think both count now, if you didn't go the two years without completing the deferral. Although you may only get dinged on the last one. Things are much simpler to never go more than 5 over. I haven't violated that rule since when I had to pay my $170 or so to make the deferral happen. I hate throwing money away.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Two tickets in a 12 month period... Indiana says you now have to take a Driver Safety Class, or something like that. If you don't, you're license will be suspended.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Yep, I think both count now, if you didn't go the two years without completing the deferral. Although you may only get dinged on the last one. Things are much simpler to never go more than 5 over. I haven't violated that rule since when I had to pay my $170 or so to make the deferral happen. I hate throwing money away.

Yeah, well, the last two tickets I got I wasn't speeding at all, and I rarely go more than 5 over, so that doesn't always work either (though I agree it's a good start, it's been ten years since I got a ticket I was actually speeding for).

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    70 in a 55? is there more to the story? sorry to be the jackass here but 70 on 465 will get you ran over 3/4th's the time.

still sucks you had to wait 30 minutes.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Two tickets in a 12 month period... Indiana says you now have to take a Driver Safety Class, or something like that. If you don't, you're license will be suspended.

the deferral will be yanked, points will be added for both tickets and like above poster said, you will have to take a Driver Safety Class. Ask me how I know. :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    70 on 465 isn't hard to do... nearly everyone does it on a daily basis. It's just the flow of traffic during morning and evening. Occasionally, everyone is a steady 80.

No real reason... some guy doing 40 just moved out of the left lane, so I sped up ... and there he is. Always the best timing.

So each speeding ticket is 2 points? Let's assume this one and the last one count... that's 4 points... what does that mean?

Do I get back the extra money for the last deferral?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well from someone "on the inside" just be careful...........all of you. I have been told that ISP has been given direction to ticket anything over 5mph over the speed limit. I can't say it is a fact, but I do get to talk to troopers on a regular basis.

Just my own little public service announcement

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    70 on 465 isn't hard to do... nearly everyone does it on a daily basis. It's just the flow of traffic during morning and evening. Occasionally, everyone is a steady 80.

No real reason... some guy doing 40 just moved out of the left lane, so I sped up ... and there he is. Always the best timing.

So each speeding ticket is 2 points? Let's assume this one and the last one count... that's 4 points... what does that mean?

You do not get money back. That just now paid your ticket.

When I got my speeding ticket I believe I was 16 over and it was 4 points.
    Previous ticket was 5 or 10 over and 2 points. Total of 6. Drivers Safety Course takes away 4 points.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    This second ticket is probably going to sting a bit more then the last one..

You can count on getting the points from the 1st ticket plus the 2nd ticket added to your record. If you are lucky you won’t have to pay a $$$ fine for violating the terms of the first deferral you took (depends on what the fine print in the terms of the first deferral were).

You may also notice your insurance premiums creep up when you go to renew, especially since you received two tickets in such quick succession.

Take that Driver’s Safety Course, zap those points.. and SLOWWW down. It is possible to do the speed limit or around 5mph over on 465. You just gotta be ok with people passing you.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

^^This! Also, if you've moved recently and haven't changed your address at the DMV (got a new license with the new address) you'll never know that they are suspending you license. You can complete this class online for $45 and when you complete it clears either 2 or 4 points off your license.

You might get lucky and they won't show you on deferral since it was so soon and they may offer it to you again.

Both of these scenarios have happened to me. P.S. Thanks for taking one for the team, I was rocking 70 on 465 from 69 to 37 and then back again.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    ive been pulled over three times for speeding in the last five years, each time i got let off with a warning. i guess i just know how to talk my way out of a ticket, i do work in customer service/sales..

TriggerWork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Everytime I get on 65 or 465 there is ALWAYS a cop (deputy, metro, state) that blows my doors off. I just pull out in the fast lane get about a car length behind them. What's he going to do pull me over for speeding? He better be ready to write himself his own ticket! I actually had one guy speed up to try and loose me, I stopped accelerating at 95mph and he just dissappeared!

Just remember it's not about public safety it's about state funding!!!

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010

Uh, slow down? Clearly, you said you got a ticket for 70 in a 55. How fast wwere you going? How fast did he say he clocked you?

Why did you have your handgun out and in the passenger seat? If you pull your gun out when you are pulled over, most any officer is going to think something is up. I get pulled over plenty and always warn the officer before opening my glovebox. I have never had an issue with any officer.

Top Bottom