• ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Only pulled over 2 times, rookie.

Since the first of the year I have been pulled over or asked to pull over for inspection at scale houses 8 times in 3 different states. Out of all of that nonsense I only recieved one speeding ticket in my personal vehicle, in which I did deserve it.

Granted, I do drive a truck for a living and have extra regs to comply with so your mileage may vary.

My only real negative comment I can give after all of these encounters, is having a very silly state trooper almost crash his car crossing the median on SR37 just north of Bloomington IN to run me down. His reason for doing so, he "thought" that the excavator bucket I was hauling was not secured properly. He went into some sort of idiotic diatribe on chain "working load limit" and angled chain placement. What he found when inspecting my securement, was that I had 16k-lbs (WLL) of chain securing a 7k bucket. Then he proceeded to explain how they are trained to spot unsecured loads at distance and speed, which means he failed miserably when he saw me pass him at 60mph.

One week later, same trooper pulled me over in almost the exact same location, his reason, "I am just doing random level III inspections". In which I passed easily. I aksed him why he didn't pull over the dump truck that was behind me that looked like it had been built in the 1960's, he made no comment other than saying "I am not picking on you, really." I responded, "Well it sure seems that way."

I have a lot of friends that are LEO and I usually don't critisize them too much, but some of the nonsense in regards to traffic stops these days is really getting old and very inconvienant. This is BS is doubled with spot inspections of commercial drivers. But, it is what is, and I play the game very well.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Yes you will now get the deferral points and will not be able to do a deferral on the new one. At least that's the way it's SUPPOSED to work. For your sake I hope they don't catch it and you skate by.

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    Someone should Radar the cops that pass me every day on 70 leaving Plainfield from the police academy no doubt,only reason i can think of so many cop cars from towns far away from Plainfield.I get passed everyday around 445 by at least 5 or 6 cops doing at least 80 cause im doing 70.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow. You know those comments in the thread earlier about a hot-run causing brains to turn to mush? :n00b::D Y'all took my thoughts and posted them splendidly. :):;)

Here, let me join in:

The RKBA is a right and not a privilege. So there.

WTH does that have to do with McDonalds making me fat?

EDIT: attn OP - I have found a solution to your problem
    after much reflection on you predicament.

Apply even pressure and it should relieve the problem.....

applyBrakePedal.jpg

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Someone should Radar the cops that pass me every day on 70 leaving Plainfield from the police academy no doubt,only reason i can think of so many cop cars from towns far away from Plainfield.I get passed everyday around 445 by at least 5 or 6 cops doing at least 80 cause im doing 70.

If it makes you feel better 4 IMPD cops got in trouble for doing just that. The first cop in line was on his way back from ILEA when he got a run for a missing autistic kid, so he took off (autistic kids tend to be attracted to water and drown themselves), It wasn't an emergency (confirmed anyway) so he went as fast as he could without his lights on. The other 4 got in behind him, saw him speed up and kept up with him to see what was going on (ie getting ready to pull someone over etc). Once the realized he wasn't slowing down they assumed he was either on a run, or just speeding so they slowed down and did their own thing. They got in trouble for doing 75 on 70.

jdgatliff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Only pulled over 2 times, rookie.

Since the first of the year I have been pulled over or asked to pull over for inspection at scale houses 8 times in 3 different states. Out of all of that nonsense I only recieved one speeding ticket in my personal vehicle, in which I did deserve it.

Granted, I do drive a truck for a living and have extra regs to comply with so your mileage may vary.

My only real negative comment I can give after all of these encounters, is having a very silly state trooper almost crash his car crossing the median on SR37 just north of Bloomington IN to run me down. His reason for doing so, he "thought" that the excavator bucket I was hauling was not secured properly. He went into some sort of idiotic diatribe on chain "working load limit" and angled chain placement. What he found when inspecting my securement, was that I had 16k-lbs (WLL) of chain securing a 7k bucket. Then he proceeded to explain how they are trained to spot unsecured loads at distance and speed, which means he failed miserably when he saw me pass him at 60mph.

One week later, same trooper pulled me over in almost the exact same location, his reason, "I am just doing random level III inspections". In which I passed easily. I aksed him why he didn't pull over the dump truck that was behind me that looked like it had been built in the 1960's, he made no comment other than saying "I am not picking on you, really." I responded, "Well it sure seems that way."

I have a lot of friends that are LEO and I usually don't critisize them too much, but some of the nonsense in regards to traffic stops these days is really getting old and very inconvienant. This is BS is doubled with spot inspections of commercial drivers. But, it is what is, and I play the game very well.

I'm over 10 for the year never in the same state twice. I see them just about slide out of control crossing the median all the time. I think the most annoying thing LEO's do is pull people over during rush hours. Nothing like a 5 mi back up just for a level 3 inspection.:rolleyes:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Everytime I get on 65 or 465 there is ALWAYS a cop (deputy, metro, state) that blows my doors off. I just pull out in the fast lane get about a car length behind them. What's he going to do pull me over for speeding? He better be ready to write himself his own ticket! I actually had one guy speed up to try and loose me, I stopped accelerating at 95mph and he just dissappeared!

Just remember it's not about public safety it's about state funding!!!
    You should do good at funding the State.
    1. Speeding
    2. Reckless driving-Over 15 mph over limit.
    3. Following too close-1 car length at 95 mph is too close.
    You have been lucky=just a matter of time before your luck runs out!!

TriggerWork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Your right I'm lucky that those LEO's didn't get mad when they spilt their drinks on them selfs while they were driving there family to go shopping for the day. In the car we helped pay for and with the gas we helped pay for.
    I'm not hating, but just remember respect is earned not given! No matter what your occupation is! :popcorn:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Your right I'm lucky that those LEO's didn't get mad when they spilt their drinks on them selfs while they were driving there family to go shopping for the day. In the car we helped pay for and with the gas we helped pay for.
    I'm not hating, but just remember respect is earned not given! No matter what your occupation is! :popcorn:

Do you live in Marion County? I do, so I help pay for my own salary and the use of the car. ;)

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Plus the car you help pay for, is so we can pay our cops less than other cities, and give the appearance that we have more officers than we do, and as a crime deterrent. Regardless you'd pay the same whether they had the cars or not.

Top Bottom