• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    This topic is a deep conundrum that we all have to deal with internally.
    It's especially difficult when carrying outside the home as the variables become more numerous.
    A very wise friend once told me that it is better to avoid a confrontation and take flight.
    Unfortunately, in today's world, the mindset seems to lean to fighting instead.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Before I start my rant, I want to say how great it is read people actually considering the moral dilemma on the topic and not just repeating the old keyboard warrior crap like "take it from my cold dead hands" kind of bravado.

I've had people in my sights while in uniform in other lands. Some of those memories haunt me and hurt to think about and that's without having ever pulled the trigger on a human being. Every situation will be different, so there's no one rule that applies to everything, but here's where I start. 1.) Pray to God that you don't have to harm one of his children sincerely with all your heart. 2.) If you still feel God has placed it on your heart to protect his sheep than protect them in defense. 3.) Be aware that you will answer for every shot you fire in this life and the next. 4.) Never forget with all your decisions in life, there's a difference between what's legal and what's moral. At the end I know who I will have to answer too.

I look at all the tactical stuff as defensive movements, and having the ability for a show of force. Nobody here would want to pick a fight with the UFC MMA champion in any weight class, because there's a fear factor there. I also look at some of those tactical abilities as a tool for post SHTF. For example, I do a lot of long range stuff and the shot I have in mind isn't some commie in a red dawn situation. What motivates me thinking of how horrible it'd be to walk back to my group of neighbors, friends, or family and say I missed my shot at that deer/goose/wild dog or whatever at 650 yards in a 15 mph wind and now we're all going to bed hungry again instead of having a community meal.

If things get ugly in this country, and I think it's right around the corned like 6 months or less, then all our lives are going to change forever. Similar to once the covid "pandemic" got behind us, there's no going back to the "old normal". There's a time and place for a gun as a tool. Honestly, if I end up lined in front of a ditch with a barrel pressed against the back of my head that's one thing to meet my maker. If I have to be in the same situation and look over to my left or right and see children I could have defended in the same situation it'd tear me to pieces.

Top Bottom