• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The best answer I can give to scenarios like this is "depends".

From the article is sounds like the guy had plenty of time to break contact after he was punched. Why did he choose to draw his gun and stand there as opposed to simply turning around and leaving? Even if the attack continued he would be hard-pressed to make good hits without collateral damage in a crowded line like that.

IMO, given the details in the article, drawing was not the most appropriate answer.

keaton.j

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Nashville, IND
    No I would not draw on the man unless I was left no other choice. Meaning that if the man brandished a weapon to continue his assault then he would not be happy in that choice.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    cyber-monday-10.jpg

Problem solved.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Even if you did shoot them then you'd have to wait for.............

'CLEAN UP AT REGISTER 7 PLEASE, CLEAN UP AT REGISTER 7!'

Perfect time to a stun gun/tazer..............baseball batt!!! :bat:

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    The best answer I can give to scenarios like this is "depends".

From the article is sounds like the guy had plenty of time to break contact after he was punched. Why did he choose to draw his gun and stand there as opposed to simply turning around and leaving? Even if the attack continued he would be hard-pressed to make good hits without collateral damage in a crowded line like that.

IMO, given the details in the article, drawing was not the most appropriate answer.

Why didn't he turn around and leave? I'm sure if he had to shoot the idiot, that is exactly what the prosecution would say. But, if you just turned around and left, the idiot would know that punching works and who knows who he'll punch next? Of course, that wouldn't be a defense in our corrupt courts but it seems to be sensible to me. We don't negotiate with terrorist that have several hostages and may kill them, why let a bully skip in line because he punched you? Letting bullies get what they want is why it was so easy for a couple of guys with box cutters to fly planes into the WTC.

I don't think any argument will help the guy if the DA decides to prosecute since the jury will likely be full of anti-2A people. I'm waiting for the story where the bully sues the gun-slinger for emotional distress.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We don't negotiate with terrorist that have several hostages and may kill them, why let a bully skip in line because he punched you? Letting bullies get what they want is why it was so easy for a couple of guys with box cutters to fly planes into the WTC.

Did you just compare cutting in line by force with terrorism?

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I did, a bully is a bully. It was too easy for them to use little box cutters to take over a plane because we are all told as kids not to fight back because violence only leads to violence. Letting someone get their way simply because they are willing to use more force than you are isn't going to help anyone and only encourages the bully to continue being a jackass.

For years terrorist would hijack a plane, get what they want, and then leave. So, the public gets a sense of security and safety from this because it worked in the past. Why risk yourself to stop them when it is likely you'll be let go? In my experience, people don't usually think anything bad will happen and don't consider the chance they'll lose their life if they don't act. It is simply easier not to act and after time that only makes things worse.

It seems to me that defending yourself is becoming less acceptable.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    ^^^ It's what they are ingraining our youth with in our society as a whole. I think it's sick.
    If someone were to do that to me... 1 they would be flat out stupid, I'm 6'6" and 275 pounds. If you don't knock me out in 1 punch, you're going to be walking sideways and with a lean to the left for the next 2 years after I'm through with you.

Or I would probably unholster and they'll be face down on the ground crying like a 5 year old.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Probably not but I would promptly deliver an A1 a$$ wooping to this dude. If he was twice my size and continuing the attack then that would be different. Or if he was wearing a hoodie and carrying skittles....:):

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just avoid people period. I stay in my mom's basment and troll INGO 24/7. Never have to worry about getting punched in the face or heck even getting an annoying girlfriend for that matter. I WIN!!!:banana:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Twenty years ago my answer would be No. But, that was 20 years ago and now that I qualify for the senior discount at IHOP, I'd just shoot him. I'm too old to fight.

Top Bottom