• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Just for puppy fun.... take a plastic bottle... (water bottle) and let your pup watch you put some dry cereal in it. (Luka likes Cheerios) Give it to your pup, and let him mess with it until he gets the cereal out. After some practice, Luka can empty the bottle in about 60 seconds or less...... then he brings the bottle to me like, "do it again".....
    yup.gif

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Time for updates :)
    Mosin is now an adventure puppy.14 hour ride in the truck and 16 days of camping,and she did it all like a champ :)

osbwk9.jpg

2wnv5me.jpg

More pictures later :)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok, smokingman, Mosin is legal, why aren't you? :dunno: :D

BTW: Great looking animal!
    Under the seat is legal :P We took some trips in the canoe that lasted 3+ hours.She did very well.The reason she has a vest was two fold.One the water in Northern Minnesota is still cold,and two she had only been swimming a few times,and was never very graceful lol.
    Here is the main thread about our 16 day trip :) https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ss/100488-16_days_of_camping.html#post1167898

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    My dog is a complete basket case. Failed one obedience class. Then two.

She gets the "zoomies" for about 10 minutes when its time to come inside.

Then, she's fine.

If I take her out to the family farm, and she runs and plays, and plays and runs, and runs some more and plays some more - she's fine. WONDERMUT.

We still love her. I swear she knows English...

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Just a training update...... we have finally figured out how to "communicate" with Luka, and the results are very rewarding. We normally walk him a mile every morning at the park behind our home. We started with a 6 foot lead, then a 30 foot lead, and now he's running free, but reacts promptly to voice commands. He really enjoys the ability to stretch out and run, without being constrained. There is an antique tractor show this weekend at "our" park, and he has moved along our usual route through the park without incident. When happening upon other dogs, cats, rabbits, or people, he looks very closely, but "leave it" will bring him right back beside us. Nice......

Luka%20park.jpg

Water%20at%20the%20park%202010.jpg

During all this hot weather, we've been filling a butter container with water and freezing it, then putting it in his water bucket. It keeps his water cold for hours. At the park, styrofoam cups are much lighter than his 2 gal water buckets...... :)

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I did not go back to last years' thread, but if memory serves, the mother of these dogs is a German Shepherd, and Siberian Husky mix, and the father is Chow.

Luka now weighs 82 pounds, and we couldn't be happier with him.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just a training update...... we have finally figured out how to "communicate" with Luka, and the results are very rewarding. We normally walk him a mile every morning at the park behind our home. We started with a 6 foot lead, then a 30 foot lead, and now he's running free, but reacts promptly to voice commands. He really enjoys the ability to stretch out and run, without being constrained. There is an antique tractor show this weekend at "our" park, and he has moved along our usual route through the park without incident. When happening upon other dogs, cats, rabbits, or people, he looks very closely, but "leave it" will bring him right back beside us. Nice......

Luka%20park.jpg

Water%20at%20the%20park%202010.jpg

During all this hot weather, we've been filling a butter container with water and freezing it, then putting it in his water bucket. It keeps his water cold for hours. At the park, styrofoam cups are much lighter than his 2 gal water buckets...... :)
    Thanks for the update :) Glad to hear Luka is doing well!

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Any updated photos? I gave my dog away to an INGO Member along with an iglu dog house but can't remember the INGO members name.. I met you at Gander Mountain in Greenwood. Would like to see what she looks like today.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Mosin all grown up.She gained a little wisdom and has her "up north legs" now.She learned the best place to run when the snow is 6 foot deep is behind a snowmobile :)
    v4w1nd.jpg

She did put on a little to much weight this last winter,the Australian Shepard did not seem to mind though.She is losing some weight now that she can really run and spend more time outside.and yes the dogs have their own couch rofl.
    15hncc2.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It is with sadness that I give one last update to this thread on our dog from straighttactical.

Mosin has passed away. It was a battle with Cancer the last year.

:(

Top Bottom