Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    here is a pic of the mom (Kia)

714ok7.jpg

wv6fsj.jpg

also heard today that a puppy from her last litter (she WILL get fixed this time!) now weighs 65 pounds and only about 9 months old. These may be part bear!:dunno:

OH, WOW!!!! She is totally BEAUTIFUL!

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Luka made his second trip to the vet yesterday. He did extremely well on the leash, sat nicely on the scales, took his shots like a big dog, and slept on the floor of the van on the way.

9 weeks old, and just over 20 pounds..... I'll get a couple more pics up this weekend, If I'm not already over-doing it..........

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Ruger does well on the leash, will occasionally sit on command, did well on our recent road trip (3 days, 1200 miles, 19 hrs total) and is fun to play with. But we are having real issues getting him house trained. He knows to go to the door, and usually will. But if he's playing, or it's raining out, he'll hide and pee. Hiding clearly tells me that he knows better, but is just being a brat. This is getting to be a real issue with me. I'm about to buy a shock collar to keep him from barking, and tie his butt outside most of the time.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Luka made his second trip to the vet yesterday. He did extremely well on the leash, sat nicely on the scales, took his shots like a big dog, and slept on the floor of the van on the way.

9 weeks old, and just over 20 pounds..... I'll get a couple more pics up this weekend, If I'm not already over-doing it..........

Ah! The proud papa!:D

(send more)

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Proud "Papa".... ? guilty..... :D

Joe, Sorry to hear that Ruger is having issues. We were real fortunate as our Chow mix, had already marked places in the yard as "appropriate areas for bathroom functions". We let Luka inside to play for about an hour at a time..4 or 5 times a day.. but basically, he's an outside dog. He can get into his Igloo on the deck, or go into the garage thru the dog door. After his evening meal, he's outside for an hour, then inside for an hour or so to play, then he's out for the night. He usually complains about being "abandoned" for about 5 minutes, but then he's set until he greets me when I go get him in the morning.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ruger does well on the leash, will occasionally sit on command, did well on our recent road trip (3 days, 1200 miles, 19 hrs total) and is fun to play with. But we are having real issues getting him house trained. He knows to go to the door, and usually will. But if he's playing, or it's raining out, he'll hide and pee. Hiding clearly tells me that he knows better, but is just being a brat. This is getting to be a real issue with me. I'm about to buy a shock collar to keep him from barking, and tie his butt outside most of the time.
    Mosin was having some of the same issues. He has started a dramatic improvement over the last week though.I caught him taking a pee one day and gave him a spanking. He now goes to the door 99%. He does however get excited when I come home,and no it is not cute...I started letting him out to "greet" me.Also when ever he wakes up from a nap and we are home he goes out for 20 minutes or so,this seemed to help give him the idea he is supposed to go outside to pee.Keep working with the little guy,he will get it.On the barking,Mosin started to bark at this and that thinking he was in charge of the whole house.When he barks at say us eating,he gets immediatly turned onto his back.This has worked well and let him know who is in charge.Hope that helps.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Well, the pups are now 11 weeks old.....

Luka now weighs 25 pounds, and really loves to destroy milk jugs. :D

He helps my wife in the yard as well. Just yesterday, she was in the back yard, he took her the full sized shovel that I was using....in the front yard. :rolleyes:

luka11weeks1.jpg

luka11weeks2.jpg

luka11weeks4.jpg

luka11weeks7.jpg

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I hope all the pups are doing well...... Luka went to the vet today... only one more to go..... 13 weeks, and 30 pounds...... :yesway:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    This will probably be the last status report......

Luka and the other pups are 18 weeks, and Luka now weighs 48 pounds.

luka16weeks1.jpg

luka16weeks2.jpg

luka16weeks3.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Mosin was at the vet last week and she is up to 68 pounds.I will get pictures up shortly.She has also become known as cuddle bug.She loves to curl up and likes to be touching you when she naps lol.
    29niecz.jpg

eguyvn.jpg

2coq16t.jpg

28s2cee.jpg

For those who have seen the vids I posted of her puppy days,she is a good two inches taller than "Princess"(the other dog in the video) at the shoulders now.I am not sure if she is quite done growing but soon I think.She loves camping,the older dog well she just wants a warm bed and hates being outside lol.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom