• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ipswervy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Somewhere Indiana
    I'm going to try and purchase a rifle at a local auction. Will I need to have that sent to a local gun shop to pick it up or will I be able to take it with me if I have a LTC and not have a gun dealer be involved. Just need to know the right way to handle this if I do purchase one.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm going to try and purchase a rifle at a local auction. Will I need to have that sent to a local gun shop to pick it up or will I be able to take it with me if I have a LTC and not have a gun dealer be involved. Just need to know the right way to handle this if I do purchase one.
    it will still need to be run through an FFL. Check with the auctioneer to see how they handle that. Most will have a dealer they work with to handle this.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Three most likely scenarios.

1) Auction will have an FFL on site to do transfers. This is most common with large gun only auctions.

2) Buyer will have to pick up at designated FFL shop. Pretty rare but happens, especially with smaller auctions.

3) Surprisingly common. If it is a Single Seller auction, i.e. an estate, the buyer may just pay the bid and walk with the gun. Went to one like this this past weekend. Larger estate auction with household goods, etc. and about a dozen guns.

Top Bottom