• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I can't imagine what that cop was thinking handing over his gun to (basically) a complete stranger.

^ This! I'm torn. While that officer obviously has no problem with a non-LEO handling a gun, I certainly wouldn't hand my gun to a stranger! Hell, I won't even hand it to a friend while it's loaded!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    ^ This! I'm torn. While that officer obviously has no problem with a non-LEO handling a gun, I certainly wouldn't hand my gun to a stranger! Hell, I won't even hand it to a friend while it's loaded!

Of times we have gone shooting, and have hung out, I can not recall a single time in which you handed me or any of our other friends a loaded gun.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    (C) prevent a seriously injured vertebrate animal from prolonged suffering;
    So all the poor insects, crayfish, centipedes, spiders, squids, octopi, mollusks, etc. just have to tough it out? PETA will hear of this!

Oh, wait...they only care about cute, furry things.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    That's what happened to the last one I hit while driving to work. Had it cut up and smiled every time I cooked it up. :D
    Other guys buy a $300 shotgun, $100 in camo clothes, $24 license, $20 ammo and a a few early mornings. I pay a $250 deductible. :rockwoot:

All my cousin’s hunt all that expensive gear and I am theone that has the biggest rack to date. My weapon of choice? F150 of course.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    ok. my first issue is with your interpretation of a POLICE OFFICER as a POPO is extremely degrading and quite disingenuous. The fact that you refer to them in that way means you have no respect for them at all.

Secondly, you do not contact the Police after a collision with a deer or any issue concerning an injured animal. the local Conservation Officer is the best bet. should the conservation officer feel the need to let the police know that there has been a collision, emergency services are needed, reports need filling out, then he will notify them. Please get just a nibble of respect for the people who try to keep you safe.

First let me say that I am sorry that the word POPO offends the Police.
    I truely had no idea. You can call me naive if you want but thats the truth.
    BTW my Dad was a Cop when I was growing up in the 50's. So you don't know me at all. I have a friend that is a Police officer also.

When I hit a deer with my truck that did $5000.00 damage guess who I called? It wasn't a CO.
    I came upon a car/deer collision a few years ago and a county officer was there. I stopped and asked about the deer and he said sure, let me write you a permit. Again no CO involved.
    Maybe they do things different down here?

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    First let me say that I am sorry that the word POPO offends the Police.
    I truely had no idea. You can call me naive if you want but thats the truth.
    BTW my Dad was a Cop when I was growing up in the 50's. So you don't know me at all. I have a friend that is a Police officer also.

When I hit a deer with my truck that did $5000.00 damage guess who I called? It wasn't a CO.
    I came upon a car/deer collision a few years ago and a county officer was there. I stopped and asked about the deer and he said sure, let me write you a permit. Again no CO involved.
    Maybe they do things different down here?

A CO rarely investigates a car/deer accident in my county.
    It is normally handled by the Sheriff's Dept. if the accident ocurrs in the county. They can also issue a permit to take the deer if someone wants it.:cool:

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Something definitely failed but I'm not convinced it was the thread.

You and this thread have failed miserably. This has been tried before right here on INGO https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/133415-semi_driver_mangles_school_buses.html :noway::noway:

serpicostraight is an ass and should be banned, he brings nothing of value to this site. NOTHING. That's what you should have made this thread about, not his chosen profession.

I know his kind, he is the guy in the back of the truck stop looking for lot lizards EVERY NIGHT. He's the guy who tries to back into the easiest spot 20 times before giving up and parking next the scales. Then he goes into the truck stop and brags about how good of a driver he is. He probably works for Swift or Schneider because nobody else will hire him. I'm even willing to bet his wife left him for another woman. Probably a woman cop. That would explain a lot now wouldn't it?

Now Phylodog, I'm not sure if you've ever read any of my posts or not. I have spent time defending cops when they were right and bashing the ones who were wrong. Here is the last cop thread I have posted in https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/200464-another_punk_with_a_badge.html I see you even posted in there. As far as I know only 1 truck driver was bashing cops there and 1 truck driver was defending cops. When will you look into the professions of everyone else and bash them?:popcorn:

Now Phylodog is on the same worthless list as serpicostraight.

Interestingly enough I logged in a week ago to look into become an advertiser on this site and came across this thread first. I'm glad I did, I wouldn't want to spend my money not only supporting this site but advertising on it also. Sucks for INGO that those 2 morons are making this site lose money now.

Now for everyone wanting to see a shooter. Here's your chance, ban me PLEASE so I wont even be tempted to come back. I can start spewing off 4 letter words if you need me to. One way or another you will have to ban me and while your at it ban my IP I will get my gun news from somewhere else.

Last edited:

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    Not sure that this is the right forum, but it seems here's where the legally minded people on INGO gather...

If you hit an animal on the road, or if you see a terminally injured animal, what can you do to put it out of its misery? What are the legal implications if you do?

I suppose we can't shoot an animal if we're in a town/city. Would we go to jail if we slit the throat of a deer we hit? Are there hunting laws or animal abuse laws we need to be aware of?

For me a big question is whether the animal will survive the accident. Last year some guy ran over a cat, shot it a few times, and the cat survived. It then seems to me he made the wrong decision. Maybe he wanted to put the cat out of its suffering, but he ends up looking like an animal abuser, which he might have been. On the other hand, I've seen animals slowly expire in front of me, and I wish I could have done something to speed its passing.

Sorry to joke at the obviously serious question, but considering the animal in question was a cat, he made the right decision.
    Out neighborhood is plagued by one woman who has made it her mission to feed every cat within a 3 mile radius. There are 15-20 in her front yard every morning eating the food she puts out for them, then they roam the neighborhood the rest of the day/night fighting and killing birds. Of course, animal control won't do anything. Wish there were something more we could do, but understand the logic against it.

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    My mom hit a deer one time and didnt kill it. She asked the officer if he would do something about it. He said they usually go out and put them out of their misery. He then retrieved his shotgun and headed into the field.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    ok. my first issue is with your interpretation of a POLICE OFFICER as a POPO is extremely degrading and quite disingenuous. The fact that you refer to them in that way means you have no respect for them at all.

Secondly, you do not contact the Police after a collision with a deer or any issue concerning an injured animal. the local Conservation Officer is the best bet. should the conservation officer feel the need to let the police know that there has been a collision, emergency services are needed, reports need filling out, then he will notify them. Please get just a nibble of respect for the people who try to keep you safe.

In defense of my fellow Knox Countian, I also did not know some people took such offense to the term "popo." I just figured it was slang for police, cop, LEO, etc. I am sure however that he meant no harm in the word and I think equating his use of that word to him having "no respect for them at all" to be a bit farfetched.

Having said that, why is the word considered derogatory to LEOs? I'm just curious.

Top Bottom