• Status
    Not open for further replies.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    There is a scheduled PW get together scheduled for July 24, 2010 in Evansville.

It will be held on a Saturday at a place called 'Dogtown Tavern'. Arrangements have been made to use the adjacent range for the day at no charge to the shooters. The range is normally used for spot shoots, but the OK has been given for both handgun and long gun shooting. Several local Evansville and surrounding area INGO members are planing to attend and we are inviting anyone else who wants to come.

The Dogtown Tavern is a BAR, so plan accordingly for those of you intending to bring children.

There are no restrictions as to the number of people who can attended. Dogtown INN does serve food so anyone who gets hungry will have the opportunity to eat with out having to leave the range.

The start time will be at 11:00AM this is when the owner will be opened for business. We will be responsible for cleaning up after we are through.

**THE BACK STOP IS A LEVEE ON TOP OF WHICH IS A SET OF TRAIN TRACKS, ACCORDING TO THE OWNER ALL SHOOTING MUST STOP WHEN TRAINS ARE PRESENT! (STOPPED OR PASSING)

I SHOOT IN THIS AREA OFTEN AND THERE ARE OCCASIONAL TRAINS. SOME STOP AND TAKE SEVERAL MINUTES TO CLEAR, BUT NOTHING LONGER THAN 10-15 MINUTES.

For those of you with GPS units,
    The address is:
    Dogtown Tavern
    6201 Old Henderson Rd.
    Evansville, IN 47712

I'm not sure if I need to write this, but here goes anyway

This is not a "Sanctioned" or "Sponsored" INGO event, it is a get together for all INGO members.

If you intend to participate, Please PM me, and I will keep a running list of everyone who plans to show.

Thanks, and if anyone has questions, please post them here.

Le Doug

IF YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEND...SEND ME A PM :popcorn:

DATE 7/24, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NOTE OF IT.

This is a running list of the names I'm tracking who have said they will be there: (Thanks -IBM-) I will add more as I find out. If your name isn't here and it should be, post and I will fix it or if your name is here and it shouldn't be, post and I will fix it. Le Doug

EvilleDoug +
    MK2JA +
    RelicHound +
    Bigum1969 +
    InyBeerMan +
    POC
    jclark +
    sclark +
    Savage Eagle
    ComputerGeek + CANCELLED DUE TO ANKLE INJURY
    Kingrat
    lawrra +
    theweakerbrother + ?
    johnb62 +
    GregB + ?
    Backpack2ja

-HandK- has kindly offered to provide some CQC training during the PW Shoot, however; he has a concern about how others would feel about doing this since it has been posted as a get together/plink fest. I am interested in going through this training and if anyone else is, PLEASE send me a PM and I will place a plus sign at the end of your name. -HandK- said he will bring nearly everything we will need for the training, but he needs to know how many are interested, that way he can let us know what we (the trainees) would also need to bring.

UPDATE....FOR THOSE OF YOU ATTENDING THE SHOOT, BIGUM HAS GRACIOULY OFFERED TO LET EVERYONE GO TO HIS HOUSE FOLLOWING THE SHOOT TO SWIM AND DO SO BS'n ALONG WITH EATING SOME FOOD. THE IDEA IS THAT THOSE ATTENDING WILL BRING SOME SORT OF EATS OR PIC-NICK ITEMS. THERE WILL ALSO BE SWIMING AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO DO SO (THANKS BIGUM), JUST MAKE SURE YOU BRING A SWIM SUIT, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES AND A TOWEL, WE DON'T WANT TO LEAVE Mr. AND Mrs. BIGUM WITH A LOAD OF SWIM TOWELS WHEN EVERYONE DEPARTS.

PLEASE SEND RELICHOUND AN IM LETTING HIM KNOW WHAT YOU INTEND TO BRING.

AS A SIDE NOTE, WE ARE NOW DOWN TO 15 DAYS TILL THE SHOOT.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :rockwoot: I used to have target stands. If you want, I can have my kids go down range and hold the targets if you want. We're all 100% perfect shots, right? No? Ok, well, scratch that then. I'm outta options for target stands. Got plenty of targets though. :D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'll be there... I'd also like to have a BBQ/swim party at my new house after the shoot.

Let me know what you guys think.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I'll be there... I'd also like to have a BBQ/swim party at my new house after the shoot.

will you provide the arm floaty thingies as well? oh and we all need those little belly floats with animal heads!

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville

I'd feel honored to be invited to the new house. I get don't get out much, looking like this and all :

hobo-739433.jpg

I will shave before I come over and eat yo barby que

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    OH! snap! ummmm..guys can we pick another day? my wife's birthday is that day:n00b: if not then Ima have to back out...or loose my manhood in a tragic machete "accident"

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    OH! snap! ummmm..guys can we pick another day? my wife's birthday is that day:n00b: if not then Ima have to back out...or loose my manhood in a tragic machete "accident"

Oh man... you can't bring her along?

Well, now there are two folks asking for a new date. Do you two have another suggestion you two can agree on?

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville

Uhm, is her birthday all day long? Dang it. I tried to wait to get this started, it's been 30 minutes and already, problems.

What would be a good day for you. I do know that July 5th is a holiday. any thoughts guys?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Sorry guys:dunno:
    I would bring her...but shes all pregnant and what not so I doubt she will want to sit out in the sun all day.
    Im good with any date but the 17th. maybe the weekend before or after? hope this doesnt throw a huge wrench in everything...if it does then just run with the 17th and I may be able to make an appearance for a short bit as its like 5min down the road from me.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Sorry guys:dunno:
    I would bring her...but shes all pregnant and what not so I doubt she will want to sit out in the sun all day.
    Im good with any date but the 17th. maybe the weekend before or after? hope this doesnt throw a huge wrench in everything...if it does then just run with the 17th and I may be able to make an appearance for a short bit as its like 5min down the road from me.

Shoot with us and then bring her over to my house. I'll have shade and a/c... and a pool!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    what about the 10th?:dunno: if not, then maybe the 24th.
    I guess the question is what would be a good date for Bigum as he will be hosting the after shoot get together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom