• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Anybody have experience with either of these two (Indiana-based, I'm pretty sure) companies?

I got a guy from Quality come out and quote me at "$30-$40" per foot for black vinyl chain link. Seems high, and I don't know why he gave me a range. I had a friend who had work done with Double Bee say they did his (black vinyl chain link) for $15 a foot.

Can anyone vouch for one company or the other? I have someone from Double Bee coming out next week for another estimate.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I'm pretty sure I had Quality fence do a fence for me on a house I sold. Owner was David, I think. He was the best price of the three I had quote the work. I was happy with the work when done. It was black vinyl. Nice and straight when done but did follow the up and down contour of the ground. I do forget the length and the price. The new buyers were from out of state, and they paid for it, I just arranged for the installation.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I see said the blind man.

I was thinking it was like the snow fence you would see in northern areas of the FUSA.

We (I) need a fence and a garage. Just paid for a year of college for the youngest daughter so my available funding was expended. Since I have no governance over what I install yet I wanted to go higher fencing than normal. Wood is down in price and I can dig holes or rent an auger. Was thinking of the cattle panels with wood trim.

I will follow this to see what you find out so please let me know what you decide.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    I will follow this to see what you find out so please let me know what you decide.
    Will do!
    I have another estimate with Double Bee next week. Will come back here to update then.

I was going to go with wood initially, but then I learned of the maintenance associated with it, so I think we are going with chain link. If the cost of vinyl is truly why it's so high (he estimated 8-9K for the whole job, which is far too much) then I might just go with the base galvanized chain link.

We just bought a house, and I am not looking forward to having to pay for a fence so soon after... but the dog needs one.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Will do!
    I have another estimate with Double Bee next week. Will come back here to update then.

I was going to go with wood initially, but then I learned of the maintenance associated with it, so I think we are going with chain link. If the cost of vinyl is truly why it's so high (he estimated 8-9K for the whole job, which is far too much) then I might just go with the base galvanized chain link.

We just bought a house, and I am not looking forward to having to pay for a fence so soon after... but the dog needs one.

We had a new modular put in and my first project was a fence for the dogs. Don't remember the cost but I went with wood and did it all myself. Jim.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    We had a new modular put in and my first project was a fence for the dogs. Don't remember the cost but I went with wood and did it all myself. Jim.
    I was going to go with wood initially, but I heard it's not worth it for the regular maintenance (sealing, staining regularly). What are your thoughts on this?

IN New Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2017
    Terre Haute
    Double Bee installed a 6 ft white vinyl fence in my back yard. No complaints. They did a good job and exactly the way I wanted it. This was pre Covid.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    ad598351b76e4b8f6be7478bebfa474d.jpg

8756f554e096bb67fa49ac8cda353b4d.jpg

76d287946b70da05c40ed46feb01fb04.jpg

85aa48ff34dc5e15bba41214d0c0caf5.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    This is what I have to keep behind the fence. He only likes family and card holding friends who were around when he was a pup.

Attachments

• IMG_3315.jpeg
      IMG_3315.jpeg
      159 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_3316.jpeg
      IMG_3316.jpeg
      134.4 KB · Views: 8
    Reactions: Mij

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    RedBrand — what's that? It's not an HOA, though, no.
    It’s farm fencing available in various styles and openings, will run you about $330.00 for 350 feet.
    it cab it can be used for a variety of application. Installed correctly it will keep things in or out for many many years. If you take your time and measure out post etc it looks really nice as well as functional.

Top Bottom