• ...and so much more!
  • schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Will do!
    I have another estimate with Double Bee next week. Will come back here to update then.

I was going to go with wood initially, but then I learned of the maintenance associated with it, so I think we are going with chain link. If the cost of vinyl is truly why it's so high (he estimated 8-9K for the whole job, which is far too much) then I might just go with the base galvanized chain link.

We just bought a house, and I am not looking forward to having to pay for a fence so soon after... but the dog needs one.
    An alternative you may want to consider is a "halo collar". About $700 plus $5 mo subscription let's you set up a gps based virtual fence. Very happy with ours. Pm me if interested and I will check for referral coupons to save you a bit.
    Rick

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Update: Double Bee gave me an estimate. Double Bee and Quality are pretty similar in pricing, but Double Bee quoted a bit less per foot on the black chain link. About $18.50/foot versus Quality's $21/foot.

So, right now it's looking like Double Bee is the play.

They both seem to offer the basic galvanized for $17/foot, for anyone curious.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Update: Double Bee gave me an estimate. Double Bee and Quality are pretty similar in pricing, but Double Bee quoted a bit less per foot on the black chain link. About $18.50/foot versus Quality's $21/foot.

So, right now it's looking like Double Bee is the play.

They both seem to offer the basic galvanized for $17/foot, for anyone curious.
    What height fence?

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Thanks much, I'm looking for a 6ft fence for the dogs. One will jump/climb a 4ft, the other will just go straight over it. I'm thinking 6ft with inward leaning barbed wire.
    No problem. I am pretty sure they can do that if you ask for it. But man, fences are expensive. This is looking like a project I will need to postpone for a bit; I've had so many other expenses for this new house already!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No problem. I am pretty sure they can do that if you ask for it. But man, fences are expensive. This is looking like a project I will need to postpone for a bit; I've had so many other expenses for this new house already!
    If you think fencing is expensive, check out prices for siding... Just had siding, facia, soffets, gutters done on the house. The house is almost done, just need to replace a couple of basement windows now. Then onto the garage. I figure it'll be done about the time I'm dead.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    If you think fencing is expensive, check out prices for siding... Just had siding, facia, soffets, gutters done on the house. The house is almost done, just need to replace a couple of basement windows now. Then onto the garage. I figure it'll be done about the time I'm dead.
    Thankfully we just had some of that done as part of our agreement with the seller. Gutters installed, some basement windows replaced (although there are 2 in an odd size that are gonna be hard to replace so I may silicone one and simply brick it shut, because it's broken and won't close.

I don't have a garage or shed yet. I think the next step is the shed, then maybe a car port... even though I think they're kinda ugly, there's no way I'm doing a garage anytime soon.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Thankfully we just had some of that done as part of our agreement with the seller. Gutters installed, some basement windows replaced (although there are 2 in an odd size that are gonna be hard to replace so I may silicone one and simply brick it shut, because it's broken and won't close.

I don't have a garage or shed yet. I think the next step is the shed, then maybe a car port... even though I think they're kinda ugly, there's no way I'm doing a garage anytime soon.
    Had a fire a few years ago, got all new electric, plumbing, HVAC including ducts, windows, roof, etc. Everything but basement windows. I have 4 to replace, and yeah odd size.

Top Bottom