• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    I bought mine a couple years ago and Dick's on black Friday for $200 and fired probaly 550+ rounds through it without any problems.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I had a 500 that I deer hunted with for about 15 years and never had a problem with it. Poor thing went through rain, sleet, snow and freezing cold and never had a malfunction. It filled my freezer for many years! If mine handled nothing but slugs that whole time I can't see wearing one out.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have An Ithaca 37. Winchester model 12, 2 870s, and 4 Mossberg 500s. 3 of the Mossbergs are 1970s 12 ga, and one is a 20 ga which I built out of parts from everywhere. They all always go bang, are built well. easy to work on, and cheap to buy. They are the ones we use the most by far. I plan on getting a .410 also when I find the right deal.

Dave

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    Seem like an odd thing to show them when you could also explain to them the difference in having two extractors with the Mossberg, the difference in the shell lifter operation and which safety works best for them... especially if they're a lefty.

The forearms of Mossbergs are wiggly. Remingtons are more prone to short stroking.

Completely agree. Every time my buddy (who has an 870) and I go shooting, I'm glad I bought the Mossberg. It's a good quality, reliable, consistent gun you can enjoy for years. You might also want to look at used ones ... I see good deals on used 500's on a regular basis. Might even want to check the classifieds here...

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    Spend the extra fifty dollars and buy remington. This is a test i always show customers looking at mossberg and remington, grab the forend and give it a wiggle, notice how much slack and play that the mossy has. In my opinion the remington is a much higher quality gun for a mere fifty dollars.

mossbergs are built with looser tolerances making it more reliable then Remingtons.

Top Bottom