• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So I got a Bushnell Laser Boresighter today. It fits multiple calibers, from 22 to 12 gauge.

I used it to sight in the red dot scope on my Super RedHawk 44, and the scope on my 12 gauge deer gun.

While I was adjusting the scope, I noticed a couple of odd things:
    1. If I looked at a spot 12' away, the scope was set 6" low. If I looked at a spot 35' away, the scope was right on the dot vertically, if I looked at a spot that was 75' away, the scope was showing 4-5" low.

2. If I rotated the laser 180º, it went from low right to high left.

So, what that tells me is that the laser boresight is way off of being properly aligned. Does this sound right?

Is there some purposeful reason that it would show different heights at different distances?

Thanks,

Allen.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Make sure the diode is seated correctly in the base that it's in!

Other than that... I'm of no use. Sorry. :)

-J-

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Are you using the card that came with it? The one I have needs to be 2.5 inches high at 10 yards IIRC. The boresighter is used to get you on paper without firing a lot of ammo. Mine has put my AR within 2 inches at 75 yards. My lever gun was within 4 inches at 75 yards. The bushins need to be snug and the forward coned shape part seated in the front of the barrel.

Not sure I am explaining this right, it is easier to do it thatn write about doing it. Hope it helped.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The Bushnell one that I have is like that as well and looking at the tip of the boresighter you can see that its a bit off of center. The card that came with mine isn't very good about sighting in at shorter than 50 or 100 yards.

I know the little bit I messed with my boresighter even a 10' difference seemed to make several inches of difference.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I used my bushnell boresighter with my 12g and I KNEW it wasn't going to be even close to perfect at 50 yards but it was on paper(about 4" high and 4" right). Got me close enough to get the scope dialed in a bit.

I noticed the exact same thing with the boresighter if I rotated it so I just made sure to always have it in the same position. Next up is getting the Remington 582 dialed in.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Mine is meant to be used at a specific distance - check you instructions.

Top Bottom