• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    It's the same as back when I was in school. The student body (being the delinquents we were/are) knew exactly what you could get over on all of the different teachers (substitute teachers always being the "most"), but there was a PRETTY clear understanding of what'd land you in the office--and we CONSTANTLY skated just on the "safe side" of that line.

If you talk to Europeans about what their perception of "people from America" is, a lot of them think we all ride horses and carry revolvers. That's not REALLY the truth, but we are very much an "armed society" compared to most. The government knows that.

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    These "Troops" are Sons and Daughters, Your neighbors grandson and your nephew not to mention a few of these "Troops" are INGOers,I wonder if these people themselves would be ready to knock down U.S citizens door's at the spot of an order???/

History is doomed to repeat itself. All of that already happened in what we've always referred to (so far) as THE Civil War.

Some would follow, some wouldn't...

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I apologize if this is slightly off topic, but how would this affect ammunition like .223, 7.62x39, or 5.45x39? Illegal to manufacture or import? It would most likely be more expensive, none the less.

I know this is all speculative, but looking back on what happened in the past may tell us what might happen in the future.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I apologize if this is slightly off topic, but how would this affect ammunition like .223, 7.62x39, or 5.45x39? Illegal to manufacture or import? It would most likely be more expensive, none the less.

I know this is all speculative, but looking back on what happened in the past may tell us what might happen in the future.

Prices have steadily increasing over the last couple of months and supply has been decreased too. I don't think this will change much over the next year. Perfect time to start reloading.

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    I think you can probably at Chicago as a glance at "what might be to come..." Some of their politicians are working on a $.50/round ammo-tax.

I don't think they'd "outlaw" specific calibers, but making it "so enxpensive you don't want it" could be a different reality.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I think you can probably at Chicago as a glance at "what might be to come..." Some of their politicians are working on a $.50/round ammo-tax.

I don't think they'd "outlaw" specific calibers, but making it "so enxpensive you don't want it" could be a different reality.

That's just ludicrous, but I'm really not surprised. Do you have any sources on this?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Someone please explain to me how our government could make it illegal to possess a firearm we already own? Will they come door-to-door to collect them from us like the Nazis that my father and his generation helped put down?

I am serious, I do not understand how people can believe that with roughly one third the population of the United States of America owning firearms, any government could expect to disarm everyone.

I think it's asinine. It would be too costly and time consuming to track down and destroy every firearm in the U.S. We are too big and populous a nation for the government to find and collect every firearm. It would take hundreds of years. Not to mention, that would probably make things chaotic. I'm sure people would start rioting if there was that kind of threat.

They will make the penalties and fines so high most would turn in their guns. There would be no need for house to house raids. God have mercy if you are caught after that.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    The development of the rifle known today as the AR-15 started in 1956. The strategy to ban it was unveiled in 1988.
    At that time, Josh Sugarmann, former communications director of the National Coalition to Ban Handguns, pointed out in a strategy paper that the media had grown tired of the handgun issue, but “assault weapons” would be novel to them.​
    Further, he added in the memo, “The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons” (“Assault Weapons and Accessories in America,” Education Fund to End Handgun Violence and New Right Watch, Sept. 1988).

America's 1st Freedom

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Even before the new federal law against high capacity magazines is written, There are still several States, like California that continue to have their existing laws still in effect that ban high capacity magazines.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    When it becomes time to bury 'em, it's actually time to dig them back up..

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    These "Troops" are Sons and Daughters, Your neighbors grandson and your nephew not to mention a few of these "Troops" are INGOers,I wonder if these people themselves would be ready to knock down U.S citizens door's at the spot of an order???

Would you open the door?
    Would "they" come to the door?

What would you do?

Most likely it will not be U.S. troops, but more likely U.N. troops or some other foreign army. Our government is smart enough to know that U.S. troops will not disarm their own people.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Someone please explain to me how our government could make it illegal to possess a firearm we already own? Will they come door-to-door to collect them from us like the Nazis that my father and his generation helped put down?

I am serious, I do not understand how people can believe that with roughly one third the population of the United States of America owning firearms, any government could expect to disarm everyone.

Registration has to come first.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I totally ignored the 1994 ban. It had absolutely no effect on me. I bought rifles, I sold rifles. I owned hi cap mags, I bought hi cap mags, I sold hi cap mags. The 1994 ban was a joke.

Feinstein is an idiot. I do not recognise that she has any power over me.

She designed the last one and she is designing the next one. I will continue to live as a free American citizen.

The reason you could buy and sell "hi capacity magazines" is because, according to the ban, those made before a certain date were still "allowed" by the government. If they were made after a certain date, they were verboten!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The AK I bought at that time is the exact same as a "pre-ban" rifle except no bayonet lug. I could have bought a "pre-ban", but they were more expensive and I didn't really care about the bayonet lug. I bought plenty of 30 and 40 round mags for it.

And then the only AK you could buy had that awful thumbhole stock, and it was illegal to put a regular stock/grip on it.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Yeah, there's a BIG difference between "making a law" and "enforcing it.

"We the sheeple" will stand for a lot of CRAZY laws being enacted, but if/when the government tried ENFORCING something like that... That's something ENTIRELY different.

Don't hold your breath. I'm just waiting to hear the term "no sporting purpose" from the NRA again.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

All the feds would have to do is delay all importation at customs, and then shut down a domestic manufacturer for "environmental violations" or some such nonsense.

Top Bottom