• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I make an appearance every morning - they are probably getting sick of seeing me...

If you go see them everyday, what have they told you? If they say they are still investigating, why don't you believe them?

I understand your wanting something done, but wouldn't you rather they take the time to build a solid case than rush it through and miss something?

Also, if you aren't the one that committed the B Felony, why are you uneasy talking about it?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would understand the four months of waiting if there wasn't two and a half months of people doing absolutely nothing. For example, if a meeting is needed to satisfy the prosecutor - it shouldn't take a full month just to pick up the phone and schedule it.

As for why I'm uneasy talking about it - my first responsibility is to protect my daughter - enough said...

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I would understand the four months of waiting if there wasn't two and a half months of people doing absolutely nothing. For example, if a meeting is needed to satisfy the prosecutor - it shouldn't take a full month just to pick up the phone and schedule it.

As for why I'm uneasy talking about it - my first responsibility is to protect my daughter - enough said...

I understand your desire to protect your family. That's everyone's first job. It is really hard to answer a question or give advice if you won't say anything though. I guess the best I can say is that, as hard is it may be, be patient. Without knowing more, I would imagine that there is a reason things haven't happened yet. The statute of limitation isn't going to run, so they will get the jerk.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    UPDATE!!!

I just got a call a few minutes ago. The 19-year old who raped my 14-year old daughter is now in jail for sexual misconduct with a minor.

Finally making some progress...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    UPDATE!!!

I just got a call a few minutes ago. The 19-year old who raped my 14-year old daughter is now in jail for sexual misconduct with a minor.

Congrats - Stick with it, keep in contact with the Prosecutors Office and find out if they have assigned a Victim Advocate to your daughters case and utilize any and all services available to you

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I too am sorry.I have no idea why they would drag this out when this is such a sensitive case?Your daughter is entitled to a quick arrest esp the nature of the circumstances.I would be all over that prosecuter's ass and then his boss's ass to get that P.O.S. off the street.Your daughter deserves that much.I hope they get this scumbag good.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I am glad they got him locked up. Here's to hoping they keep him there for a long time. :cheers:

In case the office down there hasn't warned you already, the defendant will almost certainly want to take your daughter's deposition. This is sensitive and will be incredibly uncomfortable for her, as she will be forced to recount every minute detail of what happened to her. The prosecutor handling the case and the victim advocate assigned to it should be able to help her get prepped, but it is going to be very hard for her.

Good luck.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I arrested a guy yesterday for domestic battery. I had some doubts to begin with on this one. My gut instinct told me it was a narrow shot at making the case (too many variables). I called a deputy pros. to make sure. I was told to go ahead and make the arrest. The victim was crying and disshuffled. After taking a statement I thought I was going to pick Charlie Manson.

I picked the guy up, told him why he was under arrest, and drove him off to jail. The guy was cooperative, sober (variable), and non-threatening. He was talking all the way to the jail about what had happened. I kept telling him to keep everything to himself. I had to be impartial even though I felt like he might get railroaded. I could have gotten a warrant and picked him a couple days later. However, then my neck's on the block if the victim gets injured later. He was accused of aving committed a felony.

I turned in my probable cause and as a side note attached another form "noted off the record" with an explanation for all the varialbes in the mess. Any cop will agree. Domestics are one of the worst calls to
    be sent to.

Oh.....by the way. The victim showed up after the suspect was incarcerated and told me she was thinking of dropping charges. Talk about varialbles.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I Any cop will agree. Domestics are one of the worst calls to
    be sent to.

Oh.....by the way. The victim showed up after the suspect was incarcerated and told me she was thinking of dropping charges. Talk about varialbles.

Been there done that many times in ATL. I am SO glad I don't have to put up with that any more. My stress level is way lower now.

Rookie, good luck with evrything and our prayers are with you and your family.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    UPDATE!!!

Glad to see this. I am saddened that your daughter and indeed your whole family is going through this, but I must commend you: Had my daughter, at any age, been raped, I would have great difficulty not tracking down the SOB and ensuring that he did not repeat his crime with anyone else's daughter. To do so over a period of months had to be nearly unbearable for you, especially knowing that he had admitted his crime and seeing nothing done.

While this is the least of your concerns, you also stand as an example of and to the rest of us in the peaceable, law-abiding citizen population: Even in response to incredible provocation, you chose to take the high road and allow justice to be done.

I applaud you, sir.

Blessings,
    B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Glad to see this. I am saddened that your daughter and indeed your whole family is going through this, but I must commend you: Had my daughter, at any age, been raped, I would have great difficulty not tracking down the SOB and ensuring that he did not repeat his crime with anyone else's daughter. To do so over a period of months had to be nearly unbearable for you, especially knowing that he had admitted his crime and seeing nothing done.

While this is the least of your concerns, you also stand as an example of and to the rest of us in the peaceable, law-abiding citizen population: Even in response to incredible provocation, you chose to take the high road and allow justice to be done.

I applaud you, sir.

Blessings,
    B

+1 for Rookie

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Prayers to you and your family. For patience, healing, and justice.

Top Bottom