• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A few days ago I started cutting down on the soda from 4-5/day to no more than 3 and yesterday was down to 2 and have only had 1 can today. I have been drinking more tea sweetened with a packet of Stevia or unsweetened. I don't see any reason to not have some iced tea regularly. I gotta have some flavor with meals. Obviously with the tea I am getting caffeine but at least I haven't had any headaches.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    If you want to cut out caffeine from soda switch to caffeine free ( fill in the blank - I preferred Pepsi ).

I was a HUGE lemonade drinker that was made from concentrated powder which, most likely, was about 90% sugar. I would drink soda, caffeine free/non diet, on occasion. Never coffee or tea.

About 2 weeks ago I made the switch to water for 95% of my liquid intake. Since I've never cared for the taste of beer I didn't have to worry about cutting that out. Can't say I've really missed the lemonade which is a little odd since I have big weakness for sweets. However, I quit smoking over 15 years ago. I figure if I can quit cigarettes, cutting out soda shouldn't be that difficult.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    but the commercials told me to sue! :xmad:

i saw a lady last night for repeated falls and head injury who just randomly passes out due to a blood pressure condition. She is on three meds to keep her pressure UP when she stands up. Last time I admitted her she was in afib, so they put her on eliquis. I pointed out this may be a bad idea, but she doesn't want to have a stroke. And least not an embolic stroke...

if you have a clotting disorder, it's malpractice to not recommend anticoagulation if indicated. Then the TV tells you to sue that doc if you have a bleed. I hate our society sometimes.

nice job on the win! :cheers:

There is such a thing as a "no win" situation. My father-in-law was on Xarelto. He fell down a couple of stairs and hit his head. The resulting subdural hematoma killed him, likely exacerbated by the blood thinner. it's a percentages game. He needed anticoagulation. This is a risk.

In the situation you mentioned, Eliquis is reversible, so at least there's that.

Yeah, the win felt good. The attorney who had this case before me evaluated it as a sure loser and told the insurer to settle...then he left for a competitor's firm. Well, maybe it was a sure loser for him...

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I used to drink a ton of mtn dew then went to diet for a few years. Then I decided just to do plain water. It was super hard to make the switch and man was I going to the bathroom constantly for awhile. I've been on the water thing for quite awhile now but will have the occasional cola if I'm at a get together or something. These days I really don't miss it at all. Now I really need to get rid of the nicotine, which lately hasn't been playing nicely with my heart. I swear it's got a death grip on me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I haven't read all the posts, but in my case, some kidney stone action and doctor's advice to stay off the caffeine changed things for me. I had quit before and had headaches, but didn't this last time. I think some of not getting the headaches had to do with really drinking a lot of water, especially in the morning.

I drink water, some lemonade and the very occasional Sprite now.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You know I have never liked beer of any kind and liquor just taste like gasoline.
    I guess I'm just lucky.

Same here. Pretty much when I turned of legal age, I had already had enough and just don't drink any of it, and haven't for about 25 years or so now.

Top Bottom