• ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Seriously? Thanks for your response.
    If there is a FB cause number floating around out there under your name, I would be amazed if you were not required to disclose/explain it. It sounds to me like you may or may not be a proper person, but I once again would be amazed if ISP missed that case regardless of if it is sealed/expunged.

You really need to consult with counsel, as Kirk said. I would be amazed if at a minimum there were not admin hearings prior to a potential granting.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Contact an attorney. We have some excellent lawyers, including Kirk, right on INGO.

As Kirk responded and provided some guiding information, give him a call, first. Quid pro quo and all that.

rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Yes seriously I had a case that was a misdemeanor in Ohio. That was 10 years old. I filed for sealing of the record in Ohio. The sealing was granted. Once I received the Judgement Orders I applied for my LTCH answered no to all questions pertaining criminal convictions. Paid my money and had fingerprints done 3 to 4 weeks later I received the LTCH in the mail. I Had absolutely no issues whats so ever.
    I had same dilemina and didn't disclose on my application and I had no issues what so ever getting my LTCH
    Seriously? Thanks for your response.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Yes seriously I had a case that was a misdemeanor in Ohio. That was 10 years old. I filed for sealing of the record in Ohio. The sealing was granted. Once I received the Judgement Orders I applied for my LTCH answered no to all questions pertaining criminal convictions. Paid my money and had fingerprints done 3 to 4 weeks later I received the LTCH in the mail. I Had absolutely no issues whats so ever.

An out of state misdemeanor cause is a world apart from a pled down B Felony Indiana cause which has been sorta-expunged. One very well may not even show up, the other is going to raise a huge red flag.

PrinceofPeace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2014
    Evansville
    Interesting development and I'm curious about your thoughts. Long story I'll try to make short: My daughter won a shotgun at an NRA sponsored youth day and I had to pick it up at the FFL. I was denied to take possession of the shotgun based in the NICS background check. I appealed the denial and sent in the court ordered misdemanor expungement paperwork and 2 months later I received a notice of reversal of the original denial. I happily took the reversal certificate to the FFL and was given the gun. While all cases are complicated, would anyone have an opinion as to whether the Indiana expungement of my two misdemeanors would suppose a "green light" to move forward to trying to obtain my LTCH? Or do you suppose there will stil be problems? Thanks for your thoughts.

CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy

Or do you suppose there will stil be problems? Thanks for your thoughts.

You have been told several times that you need to at least consult an attorney, and probably use ones services. Asking non-legal oriented persons our opinions is not going to give you any useful help. I would never recommend someone attempt what you want to do without consulting an attorney.

PrinceofPeace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2014
    Evansville
    You have been told several times that you need to at least consult an attorney, and probably use ones services. Asking non-legal oriented persons our opinions is not going to give you any useful help. I would never recommend someone attempt what you want to do without consulting an attorney.

Thanks. I intend to - I was merely looking for experienced opinions.

Top Bottom