• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We stopped raising our youth to be adults many years ago.

Now it's the job of the parents to pay for college, health insurance and all other costs until they are "adults" at 27... :rolleyes:

My parents owe me something like 6 or 7 years of back health insurance payments....wait, I didn't have health insurance between about 21 and 26. Lucky for them.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I had a similar situation. Except it was someone on parol. I met with the parol officer and we came to a agreement that as long as the firearms where secured in a safe and the person on parol didn't have access it was fine.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bert.gif~c200

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And I have thought about moving out for awhile, my problem now is I'm not getting forced out of my [parents'] house because of somebody else's stupidity, at least not without a fight.

Sometimes people need a good nudging ever now and then to get them going in the right direction.

Mainly cash. I'd like to move out but they have nasty habits of setting unrealistic time frames and goals.

INGO has a good classified section.

Is this the baby sister we're talking about now?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Weird, I set the timeline to move out my parents' house. I was making $5/hr and $50 for every car I sold...and that wasn't worth much more in 1991 than it is now. What do I know about the struggles today's kids face? I was only living on my own, paying for college and working the dealership job and was a part-time 11B for my Uncle; to be fair, he helped pay for college. I know, things are tough today. I just knew that at age 20, it was time.

But, how many NFA items did you have at that time, Hough?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    As some guy on the internet that doesn't know the whole history and situation, sounds like some budgetary readjustment is in order. What I heard: OP has two jobs and lives at home, can't afford to move out but can afford multiple firearms, including a SBR, and a jeep. As a fellow firearm and car enthusiast I sympathize but it would appear that short term priorities have come back to bite you.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As some guy on the internet that doesn't know the whole history and situation, sounds like some budgetary readjustment is in order. What I heard: OP has two jobs and lives at home, can't afford to move out but can afford multiple firearms, including a SBR, and a jeep. As a fellow firearm and car enthusiast I sympathize but it would appear that short term priorities have come back to bite you.

Lol, awesome!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Congratulations you've finally reached the not so easy phase of life that many usually face at 18 only you have had it easy into your mid to late twenties. Wheres all the money you saved up since you were cruising on mommy and daddys backs? You didn't save Any? You blew much of it on nothing and some of it on guns?
    Well you've now reached the point in life called becoming a man that's code for being responsible for yourself and your actions. I'm sorry it came so late for you but now it's time to buck up and do it. Join the military. Can't do that? Get a job or an apartment with roommates if you have to and just make it happen. Either you do it or you don't eat and you use cardboard boxes for a roof. It's much easier to accomplish when starvation is the alternative to success.
    Give us an update in 6 months. As a fellow gun owner I'll donate a bag of rice if you need it. I'm assuming you can find safe water. I guess I shouldn't assume so I'll even teach you how to purify water. I'm dead serious but if I have an invested interest I want to see positive results so don't let me or yourself down.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This doesn't seem to be going the way the OP had hoped me thinks?

Well, I am wondering how he was going to fight to stay in "His Home" if I read that one correctly.
    I really hope I am mistaken here.

"TT"......I want to attend the water purification class Please....:)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Never said I was drinking any of it....:cool:
    What will you wash down the cheeseburger with?(Hint:the Coke, Pespi (on purpose), iced tea, etc., is all gonna be "purified" White River water? Drink BEER, or better yet Whiskey/Bourbon not made here! TT is trying to trick you into a cheeseburger summit with questionable liquid refreshment?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I seriously doubt the OP has gotten the responses he was looking for.
    I do not think he will be responding.

A few of us know this person in the "Real"....not drinking buddies just have met him on occasion.

Top Bottom