• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    He won the popular vote too. It wasn't by a large margin at all, but that's the vote with "all of the Americans".

All of the Americans? Leaving aside the fact that the entire hemisphere is "America" in one way or another, and taking only those US citizens eligible to vote, Mr. Obama won by about 25% of all eligible voters. Even in a Presidential election it is extremely rare for 52% of the eligible voters to show up at the polls.

So, in reality: A little over a quarter of the people wanted Mr. Obama enough to actually vote for him. A little under a quarter of the people wanted someone else badly enough to actually vote for them. Just under half stayed home, as usual. Nobody knows what they wanted, but it would appear they didn't want anyone running badly enough to go and vote for them.

Seems to me with a vote of 25% (+) for Obama, 25% (-) for Romney (and McCain the first time), and 49% (+-) for Nobody, clearly Nobody should be President. Things could hardly be worse.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Heh heh. Just wait, partner.

Now now, my friend, I meant that things could hardly be worse with nobody as compared with the somebodies they've chosen for us to vote for lately. I have no doubt that the current crop of "hopefuls" waiting in the wings can make things worse without even breaking a sweat. Assuming, of course, there's something left when King Broke the Worst, er, excuse me, President Obama gets done accomplishing stuff.

Top Bottom